Jan Hejda accepts PTO with Chicago Blackhawks

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Well.. we have another player who got a head shot/concussion in the hands of Torres for us. (Seabrook, Hossa)

Anyone know how his speed is nowadays? Don't want a complete pylon back there messing up the Hawks transition play.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Very strong player but not the greatest skater at this age. That said its a no risk move for a strong veteran presence.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
It's only a tryout, see what happens, if he's cheap and can still move i'm good with that if that's all Stan can possibly afford and perhaps could help TVR and Rundblad a bit and add some depth.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Hejda can still play. The past few seasons he was asked to play a role he was no longer fit to do but you'd be hard pressed to find an Avs fan who doesn't wish Hejda was still around to play bottom pairing this season.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Why isn't he around the AVS then? What is the issue there in COL that you guys don't have him signed. 20 min a game is solid, he can play hockey, unlike David Runbad.

I mean the downside of this is he is the new Timonnen. But after having played a year of 20 minutes per, how can he be on the street?

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Hejda isn't good anymore... But he's better than Rundblad.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Why isn't he around the AVS then? What is the issue there in COL that you guys don't have him signed. 20 min a game is solid, he can play hockey, unlike David Runbad.

I mean the downside of this is he is the new Timonnen. But after having played a year of 20 minutes per, how can he be on the street?

Too many bottom pairing guys under contract - Stuart, Holden, Redmond, Guenin (hopefully AHL bound), and now Gormley (hopefully younger version of Hejda).

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Every Av's fan seems to think Hejda would make a high end bottom pairing player. Normally fans of the former team like to talk down about a player on the way out. Good to hear. I'm on board with this.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Every Av's fan seems to think Hejda would make a high end bottom pairing player. Normally fans of the former team like to talk down about a player on the way out. Good to hear. I'm on board with this.

Thanks for the info. Serviceable bottom pair guy on street makes me think where are the other 28 teams. This sounds too good to be true. Sounds like this guy is a good night or good playoff series rosy. Having a good rozy type is just what we need.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
/\
yep .... looking at his last 5 games, last April, his ice time varied between 15 - 26 minutes.

Jan could be our next Rozy. Especially like the size at 230 lbs.

WHICH Roszy? 2013 Rozsy that helped us or 2015 Roszy that Q overplayed way too much and that single handedly cost us multiple goals against and games lost?

Q puts way too much faith in vets and personally I'd rather not see Roszival 3.0 playing here over some kids who can get a look

Last edited:

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
WHICH Roszy? 2013 Rozsy that helped us or 2015 Roszy that W overplayed way too much and that single handedly cost us multiple goals against and games lost?

Q puts way too much faith in vets and personally I'd rather not see Roszival 3.0 playing here over some kids who can get a look

We already traded most of the kids that were ready for a look. If Gustafsson and Pokka can't beat out Rundblad and Hejda for the 6/7 then they clearly aren't ready.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
WHICH Roszy? 2013 Rozsy that helped us or 2015 Roszy that Q overplayed way too much and that single handedly cost us multiple goals against and games lost?

Agree with you HF but unfortunately Q tends to think the opposite....oh well those 3 Cups make me forget some of that "stubborn".

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Almost a guarantee that Hejda makes the team unless he's downright awful in camp. Wouldn't mind some other guys getting PTOs as well to hedge the Kane situation.

Last edited:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Almost a guarantee that Hejda makes the team unless he's downright awful in camp. Wouldn't mind some other guys getting PTOs as well to hedge the Kane situation.

Yeah i'm starting to think that now that the RS is just around the corner, it's hard to imagine 10 and a half miilion not being used for who knows how long?

I'm a patient person but with each day and no news....waiting game :popcorn:

SlowSkates

Jun 9, 2010
In 2013-14 season I had season tix in the Avs defensive end and liked a fair amount of what I saw from Hejda. He wasn't amazing, but had his moments and became someone I enjoyed watching (even bought a game-worn jersey of his).

In the playoffs he kinda pooped the bed with at least 3 goals I can remember against the Wild that happened in part because he dropped his stick. We found out after the season that he was playing with a broken thumb and finger and wasn't using it as an excuse. As much as we like tough players, I think it cost his team though and perhaps he should have been on the bench. I'm not sure if that was more Hejda's or Roy's fault.

I didn't watch any games other than Hawks games last year so I don't know how he's doing more recently, but at least the year-before-last version of him would seem to be helpful given the Hawks current roster...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad