GDT: Jan. 6 - Flames at Avalanche [7:00pm on SNET-W]

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
Hudler with 35 points in 42 games. Almost 70pt pace for him in his first full season with Calgary - career pace, as the highest point toal in his time with Detroit was only 57.

Best FA signing of the past 5 seasons or so IMO. Great contract, too.

I would rather have Petr Nedved:sarcasm:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Please continue coming as often as you like. It seems that every GDT you visit makes for a respectable game from the Flames. :handclap:

Glad to be a good omen in a sense. I am a fan of a rival Pacific team, but if I could choose who else to be competing against in the Pacific, Calgary would be one of them, and I'd want to see the Kings finish 7th every year. I'll put it that way :P

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Glad to be a good omen in a sense. I am a fan of a rival Pacific team, but if I could choose who else to be competing against in the Pacific, Calgary would be one of them, and I'd want to see the Kings finish 7th every year. I'll put it that way :P
I feel you. I hate the Kings too. Some of the most arrogant fans in the league. I find it hard to wish Phoenix any ill though, even if we're going to be rivals, and I have a major mancrush on OEL. I dislike every other Pacific team.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I think Hudler does a lot for our locker room as well. He always struck me as a charismatic guy who can spread a lot of positive energy. Perhaps even more important when the team will inevitably become mired in slumps like the one we just dug ourselves out of.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I am left to believe that the Czech team wanted to take more guys from outside the NHL rather than ice the best roster. I just had a look at that team, I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but Nedved and no Hudler and Vrbata. I thought the point was to ice the best team possible.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I am left to believe that the Czech team wanted to take more guys from outside the NHL rather than ice the best roster. I just had a look at that team, I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but Nedved and no Hudler and Vrbata. I thought the point was to ice the best team possible.

Well it looks like the US is doing something similar not taking Bobby Ryan.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Well it looks like the US is doing something similar not taking Bobby Ryan.

i still feel leaving Yandle off was worse than leaving Ryan off. Yandle's defensive game, while not perfect, is underrated, and his passing and skating are phenomenal, he'd have no issues with the larger ice, he should have been a top pair guy for them this year imo.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I read through the rest of the GDT since I left, and I think that the best contribution I can make is this:

I didn't say she stole my money.

The sentence can mean seven distinct things depending on which word you stress.

Also, why are there no highlights?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

In Nedveds defense, he's doing VERY well in the czech league. My guess is they wanted a bit more size down the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad