GDT: Jan. 6 - Flames at Avalanche [7:00pm on SNET-W]

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia

Flamesarama2.jpg

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

MAYBE OUR GOAL SCORING IS LIKE FINE WINE.

Colorado Avalanche vs. Calgary Flames

7:00 PM Mountain Time on SNET-West

__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________

CalgaryFlames_zpse819b922.jpg

Calgary Flames [14-21-6]
(the standings don't matter, we're having fun here)

Projected Lineup:

Projected lines from flames.nhl.com. Last updated at 5PM 06/01.

LEFT WING​
|
CENTER​
|
RIGHT WING​
cammy.jpg
|
backlund.jpg
|
hudler.jpg
MICHAEL CAMMALLERI​
|
MIKAEL BACKLUND​
|
JIRI HUDLER​
owski.jpg
|
monahan.jpg
|
stempniak.jpg
PAUL BYRON​
|
SEAN MONAHAN​
|
LEE STEMPNIAK​
galiardi.jpg
|
colborne.jpg
|
owski.jpg
TJ GALIARDI​
|
JOE COLBORNE​
|
KEVIN WESTGARTH​
bouma.jpg
|
stajan.jpg
|
mcgrattan.jpg
LANCE BOUMA​
|
MATT STAJAN​
|
BRIAN MCGRATTAN​

LEFT DEFENSE​
|
RIGHT DEFENSE​
giordano.jpg
|
brodie.jpg
MARK GIORDANO​
|
TJ BRODIE​
smid.jpg
|
wideman.jpg
LADISLAV SMID​
|
DENNIS WIDEMAN​
butler.jpg
|
obrien.jpg
CHRIS BUTLER​
|
SHANE O'BRIEN​

STARTER​
|
BACKUP​
ramo.jpg
|
berra.jpg
KARRI RAMO​
|
RETO BERRA​

The Bandaid Brigade:

Curtis Glencross - Injured Reserve. High Ankle Sprain. 21 Dec - Present (8 Weeks)
Kris Russell - Injured Reserve. 2nd Degree MCL Sprain (4-6 Weeks)
Blair Jones - Meniscal Tear (Indefinite)
David Jones - Infection

ColoradoAvalanche_zpsc8030c90.jpg

Colorado Avalanche [26-11-1]

Projected Lineup:
Projected lines from Dailyfaceoff.com

Gabriel Landeskog - Paul Stastny - Ryan O'Reilly
Jamie McGinn - Matt Duchene - Max Talbot
Cody McLeod - John Mitchell - Nathan Mackinnon
Brad Malone - Marc-Andre Cliche - Patrick Bordeleau

Jan Hejda - Erik Johnson
Cory Sarich - Andre Benoit
Nate Guenin - Nick Holden

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Semyon Varlamov

flames.nhl.com said:
Last 10: Calgary 2-6-2; Colorado 5-2-3

Season series: This is the final game between the Calgary Flames and Colorado Avalanche. The Avs have won each of the previous two, the most

recent coming on Dec. 6, 2013 at Scotiabank Saddledome, when Colorado edged Calgary, 3-2.

Big story: The Avalanche have fallen off the pace from their impressive start earlier this season, but Colorado is still comfortably in

playoff position. The Avs, who are in the midst of a seven-game homestand, go for their fourth consecutive win against a struggling Flames team

that hasn't won in regulation in more than a month, a span of 14 games.

Team Scope:

Flames: Scoring droughts are hardly rare in the NHL, but the Flames are enduring one of the roughest ones in recent memory. Calgary has been shut

out in three of its past four games while scoring one goal over that span. Unsurprisingly, the Flames have lost all four games despite each of them

coming at home.

"It hasn't been an easy week," Flames coach Bob Hartley said Sunday. "That's for sure, but at the same time, that's part of a rebuilding program.

You're going to hit your bumps in the road."

Perhaps most alarming is the lack of offense marks a significant opportunity lost for Calgary, which has received strong goaltending throughout its

current losing streak. The Flames have given up more than two goals once in the past four games.

Hartley said on Sunday goalie Karri Ramo will get his second consecutive start on Monday. Ramo made 27 saves in the Flames' last game, a 2-0 loss

to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday.

Avalanche: Colorado currently sits third in the Central Division, but trails the second-place St. Louis Blues by seven points. That the Avs still

face that deficit after three consecutive wins speaks to the strength of the division's top three teams of Colorado, St. Louis and the Chicago

Blackhawks, but climbing closer to St. Louis isn't out of the question. The Avalanche have three games remaining on their current homestand, each

of which is against an opponent currently outside of playoff position.

The winning streak hasn't come without adversity, however. In Colorado's most-recent game against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, the Avalanche

nearly let a 4-0 disappear in an eventual 4-3 win.

"We obviously don't want to let them back in the game like that," Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon said. "They're a team that pushed hard. They

came close, but thankfully we hung on to get the win. [Goalie Semyon Varlamov] really bailed us out, like he usually does when we get the win."

After facing the Flames, Colorado closes out its homestand against the Ottawa Senators and New York Islanders.

Who's hot: MacKinnon has four goals and an assist in the past four games for Colorado.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Place your vWagers here

banner-cgygfg_zps690b80e9.jpg

Last edited:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
As one of the few that is in favour of dressing two goons, not sure how much I like splitting them up. I would imagine as long as those lines stay intact, the top 2 lines will get big minutes though. Hopefully It helps with the lack off offence.

Really looking forward to Mcgrattan vs Bordeleau part II.

Looking at the Avalanche roster, if they are deadline buyers they could use a offensive D.

C'mon Flames lets score some goals! (goalS, plural)

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm not optimistic about this one. The Flames can't score and they're going up against a deadline Avs club.

TylerSVT*

We gonna lose.

Be sweet if we could score a goal at least.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We haven't been able to score anything, the Avs can, Roy is gonna wanna show up his mentor again, Flames lose.

Lose with Heart, for Reinhart!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I would do anything for a repeat of the Valentines Day Massacre! A 9 goal game would do wonders for everyones morale around here... Hell, a 2 goal game would do wonders!... Just score!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm happy to see Stajan on the fourth line, actually. After all, last time he was a fourth liner on our team, our fourth line was actually relevant because of it.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I'm happy to see Stajan on the fourth line, actually. After all, last time he was a fourth liner on our team, our fourth line was actually relevant because of it.

Are you talking about Kostopolous/Stajan/Jackman? Ya. They were an effective line. I like an energy line that can make something happen most shifts.

Let's hope Bouma/Stajan/Mcgrattan looks good.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
Giguere always brings his best games against us, though. I can't remember ever having a fun time scoring against him.

He's been pretty brutal lately tho, a statue in net. If you get that Giguere, you should see a fun game. If you get the Giguere from the start of the year, could be another shutout. My guess is you see a fun game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He's been pretty brutal lately tho, a statue in net. If you get that Giguere, you should see a fun game. If you get the Giguere from the start of the year, could be another shutout. My guess is you see a fun game.

You just watch. We've been finding a lot of ways to not score lately. We've been rolling all four lines and it seems like each line is finding ways to contribute to the blank scoresheet. Every night someone different steps up and doesn't score the big goal when we don't need it most. I'm really proud of our guys.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
You just watch. We've been finding a lot of ways to not score lately. We've been rolling all four lines and it seems like each line is finding ways to contribute to the blank scoresheet. Every night someone different steps up and doesn't score the big goal when we don't need it most. I'm really proud of our guys.

At least it's a team effort :laugh: but with Giguere in net I would like a high scoring game. 6-3 Avs works for me. How has your goaltending been lately? I haven't watched the Flames as much this year, thanks to the new divisions.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At least it's a team effort :laugh: but with Giguere in net I would like a high scoring game. 6-3 Avs works for me. How has your goaltending been lately? I haven't watched the Flames as much this year, thanks to the new divisions.

Our goalers have been solid. Always giving the team a chance to win. We're playing more defensively right now than we were at the beginning of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, David Jones is out for this one. Blair Jones in, I guess?

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
Our goalers have been solid. Always giving the team a chance to win. We're playing more defensively right now than we were at the beginning of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, David Jones is out for this one. Blair Jones in, I guess?

Crap, that's not cool. It's always cool watching players that you trade away play against their former teams. But, Tanguay is still hurting anyway. You still have Galiardi, and OBrien right? So that count's as playing former teams.

Aug 3, 2010
Karri Ramo with the shutout.

Flames lose 1-0 in the SO.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Hope Monahan can find his wheels, he's looking like a bust, maybe we can pry Parros out of Montreal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad