GDT: Jan 17: Flames @ Sharks [8:00pm MT: CBC/SN360]

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Let me re-phrase. LA is going to be in trouble soon, and it's going to cause them to decline. Brown has taken a huge step back. Gaboriks injury troubles seem to be back. Williams will likely be gone. They're likely losing Stoll. They're stuck with Richards contract. Brown is set to make about 7 mil for the next few years. They have a ton of RFA's that need to be re-signed.

It worked out for them, as they won two cups, but they're going to be paying the price soon, and I don't think they'll bounce back like Chicago did. LA's nhlnumbers page is depressing.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/LAK?year=2015

Isn't that simply because its not as good as cap geek?

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Not to mention Voynov is likely not returning, Pearson's out long term and Toffoli is out too. Those are three very important players to that team right there.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
They can't BAN Voynov from playing in the NHL, can they? I mean Heatley killed someone. So did MacTavish.

Even if he is a huge *******, he's still a useful player to the Kings.

May 27, 2012
Earth
They can't BAN Voynov from playing in the NHL, can they? I mean Heatley killed someone. So did MacTavish.

That is if he isn't found guilty. He could face 9 years in jail or be deported. Not sure the Kings would want to bring him back anyways. They could terminate his contract.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014

Wow, just looked it up. Never knew he did such a thing. Drunk driving is not forgivable at all, let alone killing someone. He should never have played in the NHL after that.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
That is if he isn't found guilty. He could face 9 years in jail or be deported. Not sure the Kings would want to bring him back anyways. They could terminate his contract.
I think they bring him back if he's not found guilty. That defense is in shambles already, terminating his contract wouldn't help.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Times have changed and if Voynov is convicted he will face an even lenghthier suspension from the NHL after he serves his jail time (assuming he is not deported)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Should he be found guilty I imagine the NHL will make an example of him by giving out a lifetime ban.

We also have to keep in mind, this came up right when the NFL had two disgusting domestic incidents; and they handled it about as bad as you could.

If he's guilty, I doubt we see him in the NHL for a long, long time; if ever.

On the subject, have you seen his wife?... I mean, some dudes just might have it too good in this world; and yet don't have the aptitude to manage it.
A) Making Millions playing a game, check.
B) Incredibly beautiful/hot/gorgeous wife, check.
C) Argument over something stupid about a Halloween party, better slap her around, check.

Oh well.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Nothing worth slapping her around for, that's for damn sure.

Well, I suppose if the argument is that she's on fire, and she doesn't think she's on fire, but she actually is, then maybe then it's okay to slap out the flames. That's the only thing I can imagine that would be acceptable.

Hahaha this actually made me LIRL hahahaha

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Nothing worth slapping her around for, that's for damn sure.

Well, I suppose if the argument is that she's on fire, and she doesn't think she's on fire, but she actually is, then maybe then it's okay to slap out the flames. That's the only thing I can imagine that would be acceptable.

I know it's not a laughing matter, but this got me :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad