Injury Report: Jan. 16: Scott Hartnell (ankle); likely to play, participated in morning skate

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This may or may not be anything, a decision as to whether he plays will come tomorrow after the morning skate. A result of yesterday's game -- blocked a shot with his foot.

Edit:

Sam C. is calling it an "ankle."

Hartnell is day to day with ankle injury; blocked a shot Tues.

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull

--------------------------------------------------

#Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Hartnell: "Scott was examined after the game last night & again today for a lower body issue. He is day to day."

Source: Flyers

Last edited:

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Hope he's okay. Hartnell has been playing better as of late. I'd hate to see him sustain any injury that throws him off his game. Plus we don't need any more Hartnell Downs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hope he's okay. Hartnell has been playing better as of late. I'd hate to see him sustain any injury that throws him off his game. Plus we don't need any more Hartnell Downs.

We saw an epic one last night on that odd-man rush. :laugh:

Hopefully it's nothing serious because he has been really putting it together of late after the horrible start to the year.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Hopefully it's not serious. Scotty has been playing a lot better and putting up some nice numbers offensively.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Just saw on twitter he was at the Sixers practice this morning and was wearing a walking boot.

Not good. I wouldn't think you put a walking boot on if it's really day to day. I think it's safe to say he misses the next two games at least.

This is Downie's opportunity to step up. He might actually fill in well for Hartnell on the Schenn line. I could see that working nicely.

Shame, Hartnell was playing some of his best hockey of the season. Though that's not really saying much :laugh:. Seriously though, he's really picked things up.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hope he is not injured badly because it is Scotty but still let's not make him out to be of this much value. Everyone one of his goals requires being set up and he ruins many more plays. Just teach McGinn to get open in the slot. Again hope he is not injured, just saying.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Hope he is not injured badly because it is Scotty but still let's not make him out to be of this much value. Everyone one of his goals requires being set up and he ruins many more plays. Just teach McGinn to get open in the slot. Again hope he is not injured, just saying.

Ummm yeah, you couldn't reach Mcginn to score 40 with all the tools in the world...

Hartnell has been, and still is, part of the core that will determine this team's success or failure

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ummm yeah, you couldn't reach Mcginn to score 40 with all the tools in the world...

Hartnell has been, and still is, part of the core that will determine this team's success or failure

Watch closer this game. He will mess up more plays than he creates or capitalizes on. He's got one play he does well as I have talked about.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hope he can go tonight, or if not be back quickly... as much as I maligned him ~15-20 games ago he has looked like Hartnell of 07-08 to 10-11 recently. The LOD line has been great.

I still think he is likely the odd man out in our forward conundrum though all things considered.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Hartnell is participating in this morning's skate. His status will be updated later.

Edit: From Sam C., Hartnell appears to be playing tonight.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He doesn't have a foot problem.....but clearly he has a balance problem :sarcasm:

Reminds me of a kid who played on my soccer team and couldn't kick straight..always shanked/sliced the ball like a bad golf drive. He would say "oww my foot" as though he hurt it and that was the reason why he sucked at kicking the ball. Kind of like when hockey players like Carter look at their sticks when they shoot high and wide :sarcasm:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Not good. I wouldn't think you put a walking boot on if it's really day to day. I think it's safe to say he misses the next two games at least.

This is Downie's opportunity to step up. He might actually fill in well for Hartnell on the Schenn line. I could see that working nicely.

Shame, Hartnell was playing some of his best hockey of the season. Though that's not really saying much :laugh:. Seriously though, he's really picked things up.

Glad I was wrong

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Hartnell is participating in this morning's skate. His status will be updated later.

Edit: From Sam C., Hartnell appears to be playing tonight.

Good. He's really contributing lately.

And as much as people hate on him, he's probably the best defensive player (consistently) on that LOD line. Although Schenn has looked a bit better as of late, too.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Proves my point pretty quick. Simmer and schenn look dominant and Hartnell has turned over, fired it off a shin pad and out of their zone, and drawn an offsides. The guy is a **** up that scores sometimes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad