Jamie Tardif

Bri

Jul 13, 2005
scored a hat trick tonight... any one catch the game?? 13 goals so far which ties him for fourth in the ahl... pretty impressive...

Knocked in a rebound, deflected a shot from the point and an empty netter. Gritty type goals on the first two.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
went to their previous game against the phantoms. looked really good alongside spooner(who i thought looked good. creative and quick). had a nice snipe short side high for the first one and knocked home the other one on a rebound in front. looked good all game i though

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Well, it wasn't going to Caron who was going to step up and give Providence a boost was it?

Good for Tardif.

I am sick of the Providence Bruins being awful and I want them to be good this year so its great they are winning and leading their division.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Well, it wasn't going to Caron who was going to step up and give Providence a boost was it?

Good for Tardif.

I am sick of the Providence Bruins being awful and I want them to be good this year so its great they are winning and leading their division.

They had me worried because they started off the season with a few straight losses, but they have really come on once they started to rely on Svedberg over Hutchinson.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

Good for Tardif.

That whole division is so close that I wouldn't say any one team was leading it. But I'm glad they're in the hunt. Congrats to Tardif.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Good for Tardif.

And to think......some people wanted to can the coach. :)

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
And to think......some people wanted to can the coach. :)

are you surprised? a fans first solution to his teams problem is always change the coach... i always found this funny because we have almost no clue what teh coach is doing....

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
What I find funny is the people coming around here now that the team has hit a stride, who were dead-silent when they had the chance to voice their opinion and stick up for Cassidy in the beginning of the season when most of the calls for his firing were being made (by myself included). Fair-weather posting at it's finest.

One 6-0-0-1 streak lifetime as head coach doesn't erase a history of failure. I am cautiously optimistic that the team may have turned a corner, but praise is earned ... And Cassidy ain't there yet.

This team right now is riding on the coattails of solid goaltending for the first time in years. I shudder to think what they'd look like if Hutch had to take the #1 role again. And that's the thing ... A good coach can make something out of nothing and ice a competitive team every night. Sully, Lavvy, and Gordon all did it here ... Cassidy and his predecessor (where he held the assistant coach position) have not. This entire regime, up until this recent 6-0-0-1 streak, has been a failure of epic proportions.

We have a solid team with solid prospects and players right now. There are no more excuses. I hope they continue to shine as they have during this winning streak (there is a loss in there, BTW), and if the time ever comes where it's clear that I was wrong about Cassidy, I'll be the first to admit it.

------------------

On Tardif, I could see him getting the injury call-up, but I don't see him cracking the Bruins roster full-time. He lacks the "thickness" that Chiarelli covets and his particular skill set doesn't translate well to a 3rd/4th line NHL'er, which is where he'd likely fit in. Great player at the AHL level, but he's a Bourque-type who is caught somewhere in the middle, IMO.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What I find funny is the people coming around here now that the team has hit a stride, who were dead-silent when they had the chance to voice their opinion and stick up for Cassidy in the beginning of the season when most of the calls for his firing were being made (by myself included). Fair-weather posting at it's finest.

One 6-0-0-1 streak lifetime as head coach doesn't erase a history of failure. I am cautiously optimistic that the team may have turned a corner, but praise is earned ... And Cassidy ain't there yet.

This team right now is riding on the coattails of solid goaltending for the first time in years. I shudder to think what they'd look like if Hutch had to take the #1 role again. And that's the thing ... A good coach can make something out of nothing and ice a competitive team every night. Sully, Lavvy, and Gordon all did it here ... Cassidy and his predecessor (where he held the assistant coach position) have not. This entire regime, up until this recent 6-0-0-1 streak, has been a failure of epic proportions.

We have a solid team with solid prospects and players right now. There are no more excuses. I hope they continue to shine as they have during this winning streak (there is a loss in there, BTW), and if the time ever comes where it's clear that I was wrong about Cassidy, I'll be the first to admit it.

------------------

On Tardif, I could see him getting the injury call-up, but I don't see him cracking the Bruins roster full-time. He lacks the "thickness" that Chiarelli covets and his particular skill set doesn't translate well to a 3rd/4th line NHL'er, which is where he'd likely fit in. Great player at the AHL level, but he's a Bourque-type who is caught somewhere in the middle, IMO.

They've been a little too young last few years. I expected them to struggle before this season. And with no NHL the bar got raised higher this year.

This season is different not because the team is older but because they have so many bodies particularly on D and every player is vulnerable to getting scratched/sent down to Reading.

I don't see us drafting many guys immediately ready for the NHL (unless Toronto want to make more trades) going forward so I think since everyone in the system is gonna play there 2-3 years you need to make sure the team wins and that means having AHL journeymen like Bourque and Tardif.

If Tardif plays another year for the P B's I hope Chiarelli calls him up for a game near the end of the season I don't think hes played in an NHL game.

Is he Bruins property or just signed to Providence?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad