Prospect Info: Jamie Oleksiak

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
What would you guys want for him from buffalo?

I think he'd be a great fit there, but the problem is the Stars don't have a bunch of needs. I'd say we could really use a 3C but I don't know how you feel about your center depth. I'd say Girgensons for Daley and Oleksiak would be an easy yes for Dallas and shore up your defense pretty well but I don't know how close the value is.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Did I miss a tweet about the amount, or has it not been released yet?

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
If he isn't moved, this will be the last year for the Big Rig to prove he can play at the NHL level. I am rooting for him.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't think this is a "prove yourself" year for Oleksiak. I think it's a mistake to give up on him before the age of 25, even if this season doesn't go as planned.

Turns 23 in December.

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo
I think he'd be a great fit there, but the problem is the Stars don't have a bunch of needs. I'd say we could really use a 3C but I don't know how you feel about your center depth. I'd say Girgensons for Daley and Oleksiak would be an easy yes for Dallas and shore up your defense pretty well but I don't know how close the value is.

Johan Larsson is looking to be a good 3C, good defensively and was finding his scoring touch at the end of last season. I can say for many that Zemgus in one of Murray's guys and most likely won't be traded

ForsakenSabre

Save Us MIttelstadt
Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo
I really have no idea what would be a good deal for both sides. Not a ton seems interesting from Buffalo.

That's fair. What are your guys needs? Only reason I ask because his name has been thrown around of the buffalo board and I think he is no longer waiver exempt and you guys have an overload of d.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That's fair. What are your guys needs? Only reason I ask because his name has been thrown around of the buffalo board and I think he is no longer waiver exempt and you guys have an overload of d.

Our only pressing need is a top 4 defender. Besides that, maybe another middle six winger?

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
Oleksiak

Hey guys, Canucks fan here. With the rumours that Dallas and Vancouver are talking Hamhuis trade, was wondering if you could give me a scouting report on Oleksiak. I know he's HUGE - and tough - but how is his skating? Any offensive potential?

How do you see him developing and what kind of player do you think he'll turn out to be? Seems like a match as far as what Van is looking for, but would Dallas trade him?

Thanks guys and good luck in the post-season this year!

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hey guys, Canucks fan here. With the rumours that Dallas and Vancouver are talking Hamhuis trade, was wondering if you could give me a scouting report on Oleksiak. I know he's HUGE - and tough - but how is his skating? Any offensive potential?

How do you see him developing and what kind of player do you think he'll turn out to be? Seems like a match as far as what Van is looking for, but would Dallas trade him?

Thanks guys and good luck in the post-season this year!

Try here

or here

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006

The reason I ask now, and started a new thread is because the last post was done in July. Lots has changed since then, such as a whole new season of hockey. Some UPDATED reports and thoughts would be fantastic. Thanks!

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The reason I ask now, and started a new thread is because the last post was done in July. Lots has changed since then, such as a whole new season of hockey. Some UPDATED reports and thoughts would be fantastic. Thanks!

My UPDATED thought is this: When I woke up this morning, I realized that Little Whinging, the name of the town where Harry Potter grew up with his aunt and uncle, is a moderately funny joke.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Well, not much has really changed honestly.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

The only thing that has changed is he now needs waivers to be sent to the AHL. That's it.

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
He obviously hasn't developed as hoped. Do you think he'll even be an NHL-caliber defenceman? Top 4? Bottom pair?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He obviously hasn't developed as hoped. Do you think he'll even be an NHL-caliber defenceman? Top 4? Bottom pair?

He's NHL-caliber now, as a bottom-pairing defender. Could eventually progress into a middle-pairing defender with some experience - definitely has the tools to do so, but the question is whether his mind can match up with his body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad