Coach Discussion: Jamie Kompon

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Guy doesn't get enough recognition around here. Absolute beauty. Runs the hottest powerplay in the league.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Agree. He uses the assets he has extremely well.
Wheeler has turned into one of the leagues premier passers and Laine and Scheifele are an incredible 1-2 punch.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hard to know what specific contributions each guy has behind closed doors but you can't complain while we're at the top
Wouldn't mind getting a new goalie coach though

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If the Jets win the cup I think he'll likely get a head coaching job in either the NHL or AHL. But he was a big improvement for us.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I remember a couple of years ago when HFJets was crapping on Kompon for our terrible special teams, PK especially. I remember the feverish calls to fire Maurice, Huddy and Kompon like it was yesterday. To me it seemed like Maurice was overruling and running his own system, and Kompon, being special teams coach, took the heat. Maybe Laine stepped up, and Scheifele developed his wicked one-timer from the slot, but the coaches found a way to make special teams work. And it's absolutely lethal.

Reactions: Jets

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
I have a story about Jamie Kompon that I think about quite often whenever I see him on TV.

The night the Jets were eliminated in game 5 against vegas, i was walking home from the bar I had been watching the game at. I had to walk past MTS Centre and as I was passing, on the other side of the road I saw Jamie helping this elderly homeless person up from the curb. I overheard him asking her name and where she needed to go. She said no where but needed some bus fare. I then saw Jamie roll up his sleeves, grab this woman's arm and walk her to the bus stop on Hargrave. At this point I was pretty much following them from a distance, and I saw that once they got to the bus stop, Jamie stayed beside this old woman who looked quite rough and honestly really unpleasant. He waited talking to this woman until the bus came and made sure that she got on okay, and even gave her a little bit of money as he left. He then started to walk the other way, presumably to his car.

This man had just gotten eliminated in the WCF and was probably pretty unhappy and wanted nothing more than to get home, but without even thinking twice, he put it all away to help out someone who needed it.

I think about Jamie a lot because of that, and I have such a strong appreciation for him and am so thankful that he is apart of the Jets. If I ever meet him one day I will be sure to tell him that he changed my way of thinking and he doesnt even know it.

Just wanted to share that

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I have a story about Jamie Kompon that I think about quite often whenever I see him on TV.

The night the Jets were eliminated in game 5 against vegas, i was walking home from the bar I had been watching the game at. I had to walk past MTS Centre and as I was passing, on the other side of the road I saw Jamie helping this elderly homeless person up from the curb. I overheard him asking her name and where she needed to go. She said no where but needed some bus fare. I then saw Jamie roll up his sleeves, grab this woman's arm and walk her to the bus stop on Hargrave. At this point I was pretty much following them from a distance, and I saw that once they got to the bus stop, Jamie stayed beside this old woman who looked quite rough and honestly really unpleasant. He waited talking to this woman until the bus came and made sure that she got on okay, and even gave her a little bit of money as he left. He then started to walk the other way, presumably to his car.

This man had just gotten eliminated in the WCF and was probably pretty unhappy and wanted nothing more than to get home, but without even thinking twice, he put it all away to help out someone who needed it.

I think about Jamie a lot because of that, and I have such a strong appreciation for him and am so thankful that he is apart of the Jets. If I ever meet him one day I will be sure to tell him that he changed my way of thinking and he doesnt even know it.

That is a great story. Thanks.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Thanks awesome stuff

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

This is freaking amazing, thank you so much for sharing. I love hearing about stuff like this especially so close to home. Shows you how many awesome people there are in the world.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
He’s a weapon of mass destruction.

I was sitting close to the bench at the Devils game on Dec 1. While the game was tied in the third, there was a faceoff in the neutral zone and the Lowry line was out. I saw Kompon run to Maurice and whisper something to him. Maurice whistled and got Lowry’s attention and as soon as the puck was dropped they came off the ice and the fourth line went out. Half a minute later Roslovic set up Morrissey for the 2-1 goal.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Thank you very much for this story.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad