Injury Report: Jamie Drysdale, RHD | Feb. 26 INJURY UPDATE: week-to-week per Sportsnet [post #1]...evaluated in two weeks

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
MOD EDIT on February 27:

MOD EDIT on February 26:

======================
Original content:

For discussion about the player regarding injury history, scouting reports, and updates

Figured we could use a separate thread

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Hoping for a career without as many injuries. If he can stay healthy, he can be a valuable valuable edition for this team. I think both him/cutter are 2nd line/2nd pair d who can play on the top line/pair and fill it admirably. however, we still need a number 1 center and d. This hasn’t changed even if we didn’t make a trade.

Sanheim, drysdale, Andrea, zamula, bonk is a start I guess. We really need a top center to come asap. Hopefully we lose 10 in a row soon

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pronman in 2020 with video snippets: Pronman’s scouting report: What the Ducks are getting in Jamie Drysdale

Smaht Scouting: Scouting Report: Jamie Drysdale - Smaht Scouting

Wheeler's top 50 in 2020: NHL prospect rankings: Wheeler’s top 50, post-2020 draft edition

Wheeler Duck prospects in 2021: https://theathletic.com/2361980/2021/02/04/nhl-prospect-rankings-ducks-2021/

Wheeler top 50 prospects 2022: https://theathletic.com/3415068/2022/07/25/nhl-prospects-rankings/?source=emp_shared_article
Gauthier #35, Brink #45. Drysdale aged out.

Stats; https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201868/jamie-drysdale

Athletic take on the trade:

Reactions: BernieParent

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
What are the injuries, is it the main injury, or are there a bunch more ?
1704819761087.png

Also missed a chunk this season with a lower body injury

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Very curious to see how this shakes up the rest of the D. Seems like the ice time pressure on Sanheim and York was a concern, even though it appeared to be holding up alright so far. Hoping Zamula doesn’t come out, but you have to imagine he will.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I think it'll be a wait and see with how this all pans out. I've liked the kid for a while, but he also needs a full season to really what he's all about. But yeah, injuries suck.

Hopefully he pans out.

TK11

Oct 5, 2017
Germany
Bye Cutter, thanks for nothing. Keep it like that, hes not worth the orange and black :cool:

But i‘m curious to see what Jamie is bringing to the D. If he stays fit i‘m not dissappointed with that trade, if Anaheim is Anaheim again next season the added pick gave you additional value. From my pov it‘s the best we could get under this circumstances.

Now load up your offense in the upcoming drafts, acquire and ship wisely in the next free agencies/ trade deadlines and bring in the russian, then let’s go Flyers :cool:

Hopefully hes playing tomorrow, even if that means a night without sleep in Germany…

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
For what it’s worth his injuries were unlucky and I don’t think he’s “injury prone”

As to what he brings to the table…. Skating is his game, he was the best skater in Anaheim, and prob already best skater in Philly. When healthy he reminds me of Scott neidermyer (not as many offensive tools as Scott)

I think his floor is cam fowler+, but I think with good health and consistency he can be a top pair dmen.

In terms of value of the trade I think slight edge to Philly as that 2nd will be in the 35-45 range most likely.

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018

Short-handed second assist from 3 Jan. He's on the ice for the 4 on 4 and draws in Domi and McCabe in the OZ. McTavish picks up the loose puck and finds Vatrano alone in front of the net. Probably should credit McTavish most for creating the scoring chance, but some nice work by Drysdale. Feel like Domi might've gotten away with a penalty there.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Think the injury this year was a foot, didn't seem to be anything serious.

Two keys are going to be the weight room (look at the transformation of York the last couple years) to protect him from injury, and Shaw teaching him defensive fundamentals (rushed by Anaheim which has been pretty chaotic the last couple years, then lost a year to injury).

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad