Value of: James Reimer

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Doubt they trade him any-time soon. They need someone when Luongo goes down. Idk if Santeri or Montembeault are really the future options for Florida. If anything they should try to draft one of the top goalie prospects this year, whether it's Rodrigue, Mandolese, Skarek, Miftakhov, Gravel or Annunen. Just to same a few lol.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
He's a #1B....that can hover around a #1A, #2 at times, closer to a good backup quality goaltender. The value in that isn't really high because every team wants/needs a #1A to take that next step.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The money isn't the issue here. Him being on the books for 3 more is. 3.4 million for a backup while expensive isn't awful. Who has the cap room for 3 more years of him?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think we’re going to draft a goalie this year, we definitely need to.

Sateri looked great after starting slowly in a few games this past season when they both went down. Problem is it’s a few, so it’s harx to say how he’ll do.

Reimer looks world class some guys, then like he belongs in the ECHL others (ok that’s dramatic). I wouldn’t mind clearing that space if we can and going with Sateri/a guy in FA.

Not much there though, that’s a lot to game on with Sateri, but it’d be nice to use some of that on a forward.

Gonna have an interesting offseason, hope it’s not another head scratcher.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
As long as Luongo is our starter, we need to have a 1B in case he goes down and to ease the number of his games.
If we get an opportunity to get a true starter to succed Luongo, sure, go for it and move Reimer out. Otherwise I'd keep him for one more year at least. Depending how the season goes, if we still want to trade him it should be easier with just two years left on his contract.
We should also once again get a 3rd goalie. If Sateri wanted to come back it would be nice.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think we’re going to draft a goalie this year, we definitely need to.

Sateri looked great after starting slowly in a few games this past season when they both went down. Problem is it’s a few, so it’s harx to say how he’ll do.

Reimer looks world class some guys, then like he belongs in the ECHL others (ok that’s dramatic). I wouldn’t mind clearing that space if we can and going with Sateri/a guy in FA.

Not much there though, that’s a lot to game on with Sateri, but it’d be nice to use some of that on a forward.

Gonna have an interesting offseason, hope it’s not another head scratcher.

That's not dramatic at al, he was a Leaf for years, he had stretches where he looked Vezina caliber and he had stretches where he looked like a beer leaguer.

He also got injured from the SLIGHTEST bumps there is a reason A LOT of people turned on him here.

You have a good team but you need a new #1 Lou is 39 and Reimer can't do it, he will hold you back.

Reactions: Laus723

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
That's not dramatic at al, he was a Leaf for years, he had stretches where he looked Vezina caliber and he had stretches where he looked like a beer leaguer.

He also got injured from the SLIGHTEST bumps there is a reason A LOT of people turned on him here.

You have a good team but you need a new #1 Lou is 39 and Reimer can't do it, he will hold you back.

I disagree. I think Reimer is decent and a big reason why the leafs went to the playoffs a few years ago. His stats have never been terrible. As a leaf, he always got the worse game in back to backs to help prop up Bernier.
For the money, he is not bad at all.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I disagree. I think Reimer is decent and a big reason why the leafs went to the playoffs a few years ago. His stats have never been terrible. As a leaf, he always got the worse game in back to backs to help prop up Bernier.
For the money, he is not bad at all.

Real goalies don't allow a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes to go in game 7 to slip away, real goalies win that game.

Real goalies don't lose 8 straight in regulation to take their team from battling for home ice to 8th last, now that worked out because we got Nylander so I can't get to mad but that doesn't change the fact that when pressure is on Reimer sucked

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Real goalies don't allow a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes to go in game 7 to slip away, real goalies win that game.

Real goalies don't lose 8 straight in regulation to take their team from battling for home ice to 8th last, now that worked out because we got Nylander so I can't get to mad but that doesn't change the fact that when pressure is on Reimer sucked
in the playoffs, he had a .923 save % with an average shot on net of 39 per game. Andersen this year had an .896 save % with an average of 32 shots. How do you rate Andersen?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
in the playoffs, he had a .923 save % with an average shot on net of 39 per game. Andersen this year had an .896 save % with an average of 32 shots. How do you rate Andersen?

Andersen had a bad playoffs What's your point? Andersen is MILES better than Reimer , at least I can depend on Andersen to play 60 games, most we got out of Reimer was 37 that's not even half a season.

Also let me know when Andersen puts on a HISTORIC game 7 choke job

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Andersen had a bad playoffs What's your point? Andersen is MILES better than Reimer , at least I can depend on Andersen to play 60 games, most we got out of Reimer was 37 that's not even half a season.

Boston's 1st goal against was on Reimer
Goal 2 should have been goaltender interference
Goal 3 he made two saves on Chara and Gunnarsson leaves Lucic open to whack the rebound in
Goal 4 Phaneuf and Gunnar can't push a screening Chara out of the way
Goal 5 he made two more saves and Gardiner clears it right to Marchands stick who caps off the comeback.

I see one goal, the first one is on Reimer's plate, then one missed goaltending interference call and the three others are brutal defense.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018

You can throw as much inflammatory rhetoric as you like. It doesn't change the facts. He was a good goalie and still is.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Goal 3 he made two saves on Chara and Gunnarsson leaves Lucic open to whack the rebound in
Goal 5 he made two more saves and Gardiner clears it right to Marchands stick who caps off the comeback.

I see one goal, the first one is on Reimer's plate, then one missed goaltending interference call and the three others are brutal defense.
And then he got criticized for rebound control. Absolutely brutal defense.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You can throw as much inflammatory rhetoric as you like. It doesn't change the facts. He was a good goalie and still is.

Reimer is more of a good backup goalie who can be pressed into periods of starting, but as a starter is a bit of a gong show.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

reimer played on one of the worst defensive teams in nhl history that season.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Even IF only 1 was on Reimer that 1 is still the difference.

Not to mention the next season when he lost 8 straight in regulation to take the team from battling for home ice to 8th last, thankfully they got Nylander

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Even IF only 1 was on Reimer that 1 is still the difference.

Not to mention the next season when he lost 8 straight in regulation to take the team from battling for home ice to 8th last, thankfully they got Nylander
It was a team where Gunnar was learning how to not to pinch from Phaneuf. Reimer was getting shelled

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Doubt they trade him any-time soon. They need someone when Luongo goes down. Idk if Santeri or Montembeault are really the future options for Florida. If anything they should try to draft one of the top goalie prospects this year, whether it's Rodrigue, Mandolese, Skarek, Miftakhov, Gravel or Annunen. Just to same a few lol.
Sateri*, I don't think is our future at his age.
Montembeault looks like the future for whatever team he's gonna play for. I hope we don't drop the ball and that team is the team that drafted em.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yes because we can't except goalies to have decent rebound control, it's not like that's part of their job.
I think you expect an unreasonable amount given actual circumstances.

Reimer has damn good rebound control when he's given the chance.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Yes because we can't except goalies to have decent rebound control, it's not like that's part of their job.
yeah. Better to get Bernier who was brutal in stopping low risk shots from past the blue line than have a decent defensive core who doesn't needs a goalie to stop play anytime the puck gets near because they can't clear the zone.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Signed till 21-22 with a $3.4 cap hit.

Any takers?
What would you think we get for em?

I'm convinced we just ended the season with a better 4 pack of goalies than any other team, almost a shame to let it go unless they are about to bring in Montembeault and then I don't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad