Injury Report: James Reimer

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
James Reimer is taking part in an optional practice this morning. Said he was fine after game last night.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Be careful for what you wish.

The joking reference aside. I really find it disappointing when a player who has a close personal history of concussion issues (in this case his sibling) is so nonchalant about making contact with the head of a goaltender. It wasn't an overly dirty play, but it was completely unnecessary for Moore to make any contact with Reimer on the play, let alone make contact with his head.

arizona beamer*

The Leafs need to make the Flames an offer for Brian McGrattan and get him on the fourth line to solve this issue. Worst case scenario, just put Orr or McLaren in the lineup.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
^^ this exactly

Not one enforcer on the team so this is just the beginning. It might take a couple of months but I'LL SAY AGAIN: WE'RE GONNA GET IT.

Imagine head-shotting a Boston or Philly goalie. Boom, you're dead.

And dont give us the "he-didn't-mean-it-he's-a-nice-forward" crap. That was a shot that injured our goalie - again!! Next up? Kessel, then Percy. Thats not being alarmist, its being aware of tactics that other coaches are noticing will work against these Leafs - its all about winning, you do what you have to do. If that means running the other teams best players because you can get away with it, you do it.

Its extra upsetting because Bernier,who is a top-shelf goalie, has not yet proven to be durable. If he goes down for any reason, and Riemer is still feeling the effects of getting run, mail it in for the season.

JVR having to fight, goalie head shots again - its just the beginning. Still liking a pacifist fourth line?
Do you really think he'd have fought Colton Orr? Do you really believe DOMINIC MOORE was going to fight Colton Orr if he was on the team? You're only fooling yourself if you believe Orr would have made some sort of difference. It was completely accidental. People want a "goon" yet people completely forget that teams avoided fighting the Leafs all last year. They'd have gotten their "fighter" to go after Orr then it wouldn't be about the hit anymore since the guy who dished out the hit, doesn't get "punished". Honestly, it was done clearly as accidental he was reaching for the puck . If the roles were reversed you'd be defending any Leaf player , hell I'm sure you defended Kadri last year

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
The Leafs need to make the Flames an offer for Brian McGrattan and get him on the fourth line to solve this issue. Worst case scenario, just put Orr or McLaren in the lineup.

Thornton was free this summer and actually wanted to come here.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
This is OT but I didn't know where else to put it. I just found it, so here for anyone else who hasn't seen it. Reimer having some fun at the winter classic

Tyler Biggs*

^^ this exactly

Not one enforcer on the team so this is just the beginning. It might take a couple of months but I'LL SAY AGAIN: WE'RE GONNA GET IT.

And dont give us the "he-didn't-mean-it-he's-a-nice-forward" crap. That was a shot that injured our goalie - again!! Next up? Kessel, then Percy. Thats not being alarmist, its being aware of tactics that other coaches are noticing will work against these Leafs - its all about winning, you do what you have to do. If that means running the other teams best players because you can get away with it, you do it.

Its extra upsetting because Bernier,who is a top-shelf goalie, has not yet proven to be durable. If he goes down for any reason, and Riemer is still feeling the effects of getting run, mail it in for the season.

JVR having to fight, goalie head shots again - its just the beginning. Still liking a pacifist fourth line?

I thought the Leafs were going with team toughness this year. It's not very tough to let your goalie get run over and do nothing about it. The Leafs need a Horton or Lucic type that can play hockey and also answer the bell. Very disappointing that the Leafs did nothing. Sends a bad message.

Tyler Biggs*

That sure was intentional. He tried to play it off like it was nothing, but he leaned in hard.

The Rangers are picking up where they left off last season. Running goalies seems to be their game plan. I think we're way overdue for Lundqvist to have an "accident".

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Do you really think he'd have fought Colton Orr? Do you really believe DOMINIC MOORE was going to fight Colton Orr if he was on the team? You're only fooling yourself if you believe Orr would have made some sort of difference. It was completely accidental. People want a "goon" yet people completely forget that teams avoided fighting the Leafs all last year. They'd have gotten their "fighter" to go after Orr then it wouldn't be about the hit anymore since the guy who dished out the hit, doesn't get "punished". Honestly, it was done clearly as accidental he was reaching for the puck . If the roles were reversed you'd be defending any Leaf player , hell I'm sure you defended Kadri last year

Agree.

Also find it funny that people think that our players will be run all the time now. There were 20 teams in the NHL who didn't dress a goon last season, and nothing like that happened to them. It's not like we are the first team to go without an enforcer.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
^^ this exactly

Remember when Gionta wanted to wipe out Reimer but didn't because Jay Rosehill was playing that night and Orr was on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad