Injury Report: James Reimer

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 47m47 minutes ago
James Reimer says he's fine. Protocol dictated that he come out of the game.

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 29m29 minutes ago
Seems like Reimer wasn't too happy about having to come out of the game. Said it trainer's job though to enforce protocol.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
David Amber ‏@DavidAmber 59m59 minutes ago
Reimer speaks to media and says he feels fine. Left game just to follow league protocol.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Being up 4 with like 13 minutes left no sense in risking futher injury. Looks like he tweaked his neck a bit. Ya he's probably fine now after he sleeps it off and takes the swelling down, but the trainer did the right move not to risk further aggravating it and possibly causing an injury.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Really hope this doesn't set his play back at all...and I hope they try and get him back in net soon and not go 12 days between starts. He was really solid. He was a bad giveaway and Holland not running him over away from having a clean slate. Made a lot of good saves and he was tracking the puck well.

Tyler Biggs*

10615489_10202701887137328_1076349036073499078_n.jpg

Tyler Biggs*

Pissed off that nobody beat the snot out of Moore for that knee on Reimers head.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
There was no sense letting hi go on when it was 6-2. Take him out as a precaution, especially with his track record. He made some outstanding saves!

I've always hated the "must have a 1a"goalie mentality when it comes to this tandem. It should be win and you're in which is what they said from the start which lasted about a week.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Pissed off that nobody beat the snot out of Moore for that knee on Reimers head.

^^ this exactly

Not one enforcer on the team so this is just the beginning. It might take a couple of months but I'LL SAY AGAIN: WE'RE GONNA GET IT.

Imagine head-shotting a Boston or Philly goalie. Boom, you're dead.

And dont give us the "he-didn't-mean-it-he's-a-nice-forward" crap. That was a shot that injured our goalie - again!! Next up? Kessel, then Percy. Thats not being alarmist, its being aware of tactics that other coaches are noticing will work against these Leafs - its all about winning, you do what you have to do. If that means running the other teams best players because you can get away with it, you do it.

Its extra upsetting because Bernier,who is a top-shelf goalie, has not yet proven to be durable. If he goes down for any reason, and Riemer is still feeling the effects of getting run, mail it in for the season.

JVR having to fight, goalie head shots again - its just the beginning. Still liking a pacifist fourth line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad