Injury Report: James Reimer - Off IR, will backup against Habs.

pacdunes

Jan 24, 2011
Arizona & San Fran
We're going to be ok boys. Between now and March 6th we have just 10 games. (Theres a good break between Feb 28 - March 4th) So even if he's going to be out for 3-4 weeks thats just 10 games and he can come back on March 6th. Worst case scenario we go 3 wins 7 losses. we are still a .500 team. A .500 team at the half way mark isn't all bad... You likely only need 3-4 games above .500 to get into the post season. Anything above 3-7 is just a bonus.

Lets consider these next 10 games

1: Carolina
2: Ottawa
3: Florida
4: Tampa
5: Buffalo
6: Ottawa
7: Philly
8: Montreal
9: Islanders
10: Devils.

3 wins should be cake. If we can't get 3 wins against those teams we aren't a playoff team anyways. I say we go minimum 5-5 and we're still a couple of games up I'm just using 3-7 as a worst case scenario - and in that case the season won't be lost. So everyone CALM DOWN.
Ironic that this was posted by Bozak. The same Bozak who gave away the puck that led Reimer having to scramble around leading to the sprain.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
and he got it pushing off the post ?

I posted the vid in the first post. If you watch it closely you can see his knee buckle leading to the MCL sprain. It really doesn't take much for these type of injuries to happen.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I hope even in the best case (only 1 week); that Reimer doesn't slump because of this. He has been looking like he was in pre-concussion shape. It could be very bad timing. I'm not a huge Scrivens fan.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Scrivens is going to be good for you guys while Reimer is out. I hope he doesn't steal Reimers job.

From personal experience with an MCL injury - Reimer will be fine. Waaay better then groin, or any number of other injuries.

He's gotta rehab it the right way, which he will, but in I'll suggest 18-20 days Reimer will be back. I hope when he is back that his job awaits him.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
My concern is not how long Reimer will be out, but how he will play when he comes back.

Hopefully he doesn't miss a beat but it won't be easy.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Pretty much the best possible news. "Minimum 1 week" could easily mean 2-4 weeks, but still, at least it's not a tear. I think Scrivens will do ok in the meantime, and we'll probably pick up FA vet to back him up.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
We're going to be ok boys. Between now and March 6th we have just 10 games. (Theres a good break between Feb 28 - March 4th) So even if he's going to be out for 3-4 weeks thats just 10 games and he can come back on March 6th. Worst case scenario we go 3 wins 7 losses. we are still a .500 team. A .500 team at the half way mark isn't all bad... You likely only need 3-4 games above .500 to get into the post season. Anything above 3-7 is just a bonus.

Lets consider these next 10 games

1: Carolina
2: Ottawa
3: Florida
4: Tampa
5: Buffalo
6: Ottawa
7: Philly
8: Montreal
9: Islanders
10: Devils.

3 wins should be cake. If we can't get 3 wins against those teams we aren't a playoff team anyways. I say we go minimum 5-5 and we're still a couple of games up I'm just using 3-7 as a worst case scenario - and in that case the season won't be lost. So everyone CALM DOWN.

Worst case is 0-10...

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Pretty much the best possible news. "Minimum 1 week" could easily mean 2-4 weeks, but still, at least it's not a tear. I think Scrivens will do ok in the meantime, and we'll probably pick up FA vet to back him up.

In terms of ligaments, tears are referred to sprains.

MajorityRules*

As long as the team is still competitive during Reimers absence I'll be happy. Win or lose, I'd just like them to continue to play smart hockey and not fall apart like they did last year.

Get well soon Reimer.

mohare

Dec 13, 2010
He can play in 7-10 days but you'll be able to see the tears in his eyes every time he pushes off with his left leg. Realistically its 3 weeks until he feels all better.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
I don't see him back before 2 weeks. That leaves at least 6 games before his return.

It's against relatively easier opponents, so I can see Scrievns holding down the fort, but if the leafs loose the next 2-3 games Nonis might need to make a move.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Scrivens is going to be good for you guys while Reimer is out. I hope he doesn't steal Reimers job.

From personal experience with an MCL injury - Reimer will be fine. Waaay better then groin, or any number of other injuries.

He's gotta rehab it the right way, which he will, but in I'll suggest 18-20 days Reimer will be back. I hope when he is back that his job awaits him.

If his job awaits him, that would likely mean Scrivens hasn't performed well.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
If he's skating and practicing by Saturday, I don't think it's too much to expect him by next week. Awesome.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Injury update: According to Dave Nonis, James Reimer will hit the ice for "light" workout either today or tomorrow. On schedule.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The way Scrivens is playing its buying Reimer more time as there is no need to rush him back into action until he is 100%.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
If he's skating and practicing by Saturday, I don't think it's too much to expect him by next week. Awesome.

This is great news but if Scrivens keeps on playing the way he has, then I'd ride ride with Scrivens until its time for a change or whatever.

Man, it's such a WONDERFUL feeling having two goalies that make those key saves to keep your team in the game. Scrivens has been lights out and Reimer was amazing before his injury.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Update:
According to general manager Dave Nonis, goaltender James Reimer will participate in a light workout on the ice Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reimer has been out with a mild MCL knee strain since early last week and his recovery is on schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad