Injury Report: James Reimer 1/23/18 (groin injury), out 2 weeks

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I find it funny that I want them to tank but I'm fuming after that crap that was the Dallas Stars game. We look directionless (not talking about Bob).

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If only we acquired a goalie in the past almost two months.
In Tallon's defense, when Luo went down, I don't think anyone thought Reimer would be so good at times and we didn't look like we were turning the corner enough to give up any assets.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ricck

Sep 28, 2017
hopefully it's not to serious.. wonder how Lou is close to coming back

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
wasnt Lou Comeback planned on Februrary i mean the Season is already f***ed up no need trade cheap Goalie. Better go already after starter Goalie, befor make senseless trade.
There is no chance that Pens Rangers or Philli, will play so bad and all the Teams infront of us, that we can reach a PO place.

Live with 5-6 Goals each and every Game.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Reimer is out 2 weeks apparently?
So he's back (if everything goes well) around 6th - 8th next month. After the break we have Isles 1/30, Sabres 2/1, Wings 2/3, Canucks 2/6 and Kings 2/9. Meanwhile T-Birds have games on 1/26, 1/27, 2/2, 2/7, 2/9 and 2/10.

I think Sateri can handle that, but if they do want to give Monty a game, the one against Buffalo makes the most sense. Otherwise they should just sign Cowley and have him sit on the bench.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
So he's back (if everything goes well) around 6th - 8th next month. After the break we have Isles 1/30, Sabres 2/1, Wings 2/3, Canucks 2/6 and Kings 2/9. Meanwhile T-Birds have games on 1/26, 1/27, 2/2, 2/7, 2/9 and 2/10.

I think Sateri can handle that, but if they do want to give Monty a game, the one against Buffalo makes the most sense. Otherwise they should just sign Cowley and have him sit on the bench.

Yeah, because Cowley won’t become anything in the future and doesn’t need to be playing either. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
They should split the goaltending duties just like they did in the AHL. Sateri didn't sparkle in the AHL and neither did Monty. Sure Monty had a few highlights but they weren't consistent. Split the schedule down the middle unless one of them gets hot. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Yeah, because Cowley won’t become anything in the future and doesn’t need to be playing either. :)
Signing Cowley to an NHL contract is a waste at this point. If he somehow progresses in the future, then consider it. :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
You literally said it yourself yesterday that Monty has played like 14 of the past 16 games. The fact that they didn't (/haven't yet) sign Cowley to an ELC also should speak volumes on how "highly" the organization thinks of him.

No offense to Cowley, but Monty's development is the biggest priority for our prospect goalies. It's not like we have three B2B's coming up next week and need the best goalie left, Sateri should be fine until Reimer gets back. All we need is a guy sitting on the bench, if Sateri goes down you call Monty back up the next day.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
You literally said it yourself yesterday that Monty has played like 14 of the past 16 games. The fact that they didn't (/haven't yet) sign Cowley to an ELC also should speak volumes on how "highly" the organization thinks of him.

No offense to Cowley, but Monty's development is the biggest priority for our prospect goalies. It's not like we have three B2B's coming up next week and need the best goalie left, Sateri should be fine until Reimer gets back. All we need is a guy sitting on the bench, if Sateri goes down you call Monty back up the next day.
9 pts out of playoff slot and Charlotte has 3 games in hand with 31 games left for the T-Birds. I'd say their chances are slim and none. The T-Birds are reaping what Viola sowed for them. :)

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
9 pts out of playoff slot and Charlotte has 3 games in hand with 31 games left for the T-Birds. I'd say their chances are slim and none. The T-Birds are reaping what Viola sowed for them. :)
The team won five in a row and followed it up with 3 straight losses in which they scored 1 goal over the last 8 periods.:(

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
The team won five in a row and followed it up with 3 straight losses in which they scored 1 goal over the last 8 periods.:(
The Cats won 5 in a row and it didn't make me feel any better as they couldn't score either. When you have 41 contracts and most of the minor leaguer's are 5 figure contracts while successful AHL franchises are handing out contracts from 350K to 650K for their veterans it tells you about whether the Cats care if their AHL team instills a winning culture. They even said it themselves I believe that the AHL is all about teaching and learning. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad