Confirmed with Link: James Neal traded to Nashville for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

Perhaps Geno scored 50 because Neal was on the other wing, like he scored 40 with Malone on the other wing for half a season.

And, if Neal was even a nominal factor in terms of Geno scoring goals, then why was Geno's goal production so much less without Neal? Why did Geno look so much better on Sid's wing than he had at any point centering Neal in the playoffs?

Here's a hint: LEECH
I'm utterly shocked at how you could really dis Neal regarding production or lack of contributions. Are you sure you watched these two play? And yes I'm being completely serious. Geno doesn't score 50 goals if Neal is merely a leech, that's nonsensical. My gosh what the hell is with you people!!!!

Michael8771*

So would the playoffs.
This past post season, yes, but what about the previous playoff runs they played together?

And if you want to bury him, bury Crosby to, he was ineffectual himself.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
That's a terrible approach. You don't want to give up an asset and get back minimal or less than fair value for. As far as having someone pan out, well yeah that'd be great. but there aren't any guarantees. And in fact there's a lot more questions then answers. If you're a now team that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Time is of the essence, it's not as if we are in a complete rebuild.

And I said rebuild where? I said I wanted 1 piece added that could have some upside and help us down the road. OR I wanted a better piece than Spaling. Once again, learn to read what's written - especially when it's right in front of you.

Michael8771*

It also stuck Kunitz on the LW, meaning Geno didn't have to do all of the line's dirty work by himself.
He also had to take on the oppositions top pairing defensemen and top checking line in Sid's absence.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
i would have loved to see this proposal on the trade boards before it happened.

my guess is that most of you would have been LOLing at the thought this was fair value

or with a proposal to acquire hornquist. i doubt many of you would have included neal

Michael8771*

HAHHhahhahahhahhaHAHHAHhhhah. Oh wait... are you being serious?!
Suppose you enlighten me as to how that's a funny statement? What, I can't objectively look at such a trade and arrive at an impartial conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad