James Neal - is it possible?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Obviously most of us are now rooting for the Predators to win it all. And obviously most of us still remember what scum Neal was. Personally he's my most hated player of all time.

What I'm thinking is that I haven't watched him play much in the last half decade. Could he have changed? Could he have stopped being the lowest scale-clad reptilian scum at the bottom of the swamp?

I'm desperate for something to root for.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Obviously most of us are now rooting for the Predators to win it all. And obviously most of us still remember what scum Neal was. Personally he's my most hated player of all time.

What I'm thinking is that I haven't watched him play much in the last half decade. Could he have changed? Could he have stopped being the lowest scale-clad reptilian scum at the bottom of the swamp?

I'm desperate for something to root for.

He's still a ****ing loser. But still Go Preds!

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It took like 2 games for local Jets fans to hate him,,, he is the same POS he was as a Pen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would get more joy out of seeing Subban and Josi raising the Cup than hating James Neal for it. You can find something to dislike about everybody, and then you're rooting for nobody.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Although i hate James Neal, the lesser of two evils.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Neal played junior hockey here for the Plymouth Whalers -- and was on the last Whalers team to win an OHL championship. So I'll always be a fan. I'm a Habs fan, but will be pulling for the Preds because Subban and Neal are on the team (and I cannot root for Crosby).

BTW, your guy Neuvirth was also on that Whalers championship team.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The Preds team is too likeable to root against them just because of Neal.
He's wearing an A in Nashville, so I guess he's a well-respected player in the locker room. And they need him to step up now with Johansen out of the lineup.
If he scores some GWG's in that series, I won't care what he did when he was in Pittsburgh.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The Preds team is too likeable to root against them just because of Neal.
He's wearing an A in Nashville, so I guess he's a well-respected player in the locker room. And they need him to step up now with Johansen out of the lineup.
If he scores some GWG's in that series, I won't care what he did when he was in Pittsburgh.

Hopefully Neal will take all the dirty cheapshot training he got from Malkin and put it to use on his former mates.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm trying to look on the bright side, and figure maybe Neal will maim Crosby or Malkin.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hopefully Neal will take all the dirty cheapshot training he got from Malkin and put it to use on his former mates.

Yes ... yes ...

giphy.gif

sidious.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm trying to look on the bright side, and figure maybe Neal will maim Crosby or Malkin.

Really the only bright side here. If he does stupid ****, then at least it's against people who deserve it.

I guess I'd say I'm rooting for the Predators, I like some of their guys and I like Lavi, but I'm more so rooting against the Pens.

Just imagine... Neal does something dirty to Crosby or Malkin... then we get to watch the main board get flooded by indignant, hypocritical Pens fans who had previously defended Neal when he did even worse ****. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Neal is still a POS but the Penguins have like 5 players I hate more so I can look past it.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Would get more joy out of seeing Subban and Josi raising the Cup than hating James Neal for it. You can find something to dislike about everybody, and then you're rooting for nobody.

See, this is why prejudice and bigotry are nothing but laziness. If you want to hate someone, take the time to discover what makes them a terrible human being. It's only right. :D

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
You can find something to dislike about everybody, and then you're rooting for nobody.
Why do you have to turn everything into a platitude where you're preaching the Good Word to the little-minded inferiors.

That's just obvious, and as such, inherently eliminated from the minds of rational thinkers. What's left is what's important, and that's what I'm posting for. Scraping the barrel of what's left.

Looks bad. Guess Neal is still a godawful turd afterall. *sigh*

go preds ... i guess

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
It would be something if Neal took out Crosby or Malkin and then be acting like he doesn't know what's going on. Neal is my most disliked player in the league but there is no rooting for Pittsburgh

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
No one in here is rooting for Neal, he just happens to be on a team that each and every one of us roots for.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
No, Neal is poo.

The Preds have plenty of other players to like.

yeah this.
Neal is a dirty rotten turd.
I will feel for good for the lifelong Preds if they win. Like Rinne.
But it would be interesting to hear the reaction to the Pens fans if he does something stupid similar to the stuff he used to do in Pittsburgh. Imagine if he hits someone high and dirty and uses the I was trying to get off the ice excuse.
Wonder if that will sit well with the folks in western PA :sarcasm:

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Lavi, 12, 59, 76, 9, 35... plenty of great stories.

It kills me how good Pitt is. Really just an amazing franchise. Kudos to Pitt honestly, damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad