James Neal "Emotional Albatross".. OR "Crafton has been eating too many livers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

No we can't afford to. We would be down to 1 legitimate top 6 winger and he will turn 35 before next season.

We are stacked at winger

Ugghh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Honestly, I don't give a damn what the perception of this team is. If we're winning Cups, I would welcome a team with guys like Avery, Ott, Ruutu, Tootoo, Simon, Oliwa, Cooke, etc.

Just win, baby. I don't care how you do it, or how anyone perceives the team.

Jedi Pengu*

Absolutely NO!! Christ man, Geno's production would slide, our average size would drop an inch. Well, at least we have a barn full if winger talent to plug in if he leaves. C'mon man!!!

Neal, Sid, Geno, Kunitz, whoever it doesn't matter. They act this way because Bylsma allows it, I don't know what's said amongst players in the dressing room but there are players out there that wouldn't tolerate that from teamates. Letang fits this category perfect as well. Therrien didn't put up with any extra stuff or Letang rode the pine. Bylsma on the other hand….....

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
We should just talk about how disappointed we are but then do nothing to change it. Then act outraged when another team's player does something.

You know, the same thing the rest of the league does.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I feel compelled to point out that the last time this team was watchable was when everyone thought we had a team of dicks like Cooke. Then the Islander series happened and Mario collected everyone balls and put them on his mantle.

Honestly I miss when we were hated for having a team of Neals.

But no let's get rid of the one we have left and except for Malkin and Crosby we can be the most lovable bunch of ******* on the planet.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This is why I love Crafton. He doesn't actually think they should dump Neal. There is a compelling conversation to be had here, though. I wish people could look past their initial distaste.

I feel compelled to point out that the last time this team was watchable was when everyone thought we had a team of dicks like Cooke. Then the Islander series happened and Mario collected everyone balls and put them on his mantle.

Honestly I miss when we were hated for having a team of Neals.

But no let's get rid of the one we have left and except for Malkin and Crosby we can be the most lovable bunch of ******* on the planet.

The problem is, I don't view Neal as a pest or a ***** or whatever. I view him as a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The problem is, I don't view Neal as a pest or a ***** or whatever. I view him as a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

ya, Neal doesn't play on the line or anything like Cooke or Ruuttu. He just randomly does really stupid things for not damn reason.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
We shouldn't trade him but someone needs to talk to him and say that it is not acceptable to do what he is doing.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
What the Pens really need are 12 forwards like Craig Adams. Rarely suspended, never injured, and did you see those buttery hands he displayed last night on his goal?

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Neal. OK, we love him anyway but cheap =/= tough. He's starting to make the much tougher Cooke seem like a choir boy.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Sure, the Penguins should rid themselves of Neal. Then they'd have Bilbo Gibbons in the top 6 full time.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Yeah, then your 40 goal winger is in the box or suspended or doesn't get favourable calls because he's building a reputation. All because he's a brat throwing a tantrum, there's no control or purpose to it, he's just lashing out.

It needs to be handled because it will bite them in the ass and he's not a player you just wash your hands of when their reputation becomes too bad. So ****ing handle him acting like a child. Almost the entire team is prone to hissy fits now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
You take the bad with the good with elite players. Neal's going to commit stupid, dangerous penalties once in a while. He's also going to score ~40g a season, has one of the best shots in the NHL, and has phenomenal chemistry with Geno.

It's the same thing with Geno and Sid, albeit to a lesser extent. Both are prone to idiotic, frustration-driven penalties and dumb stuff after the whistle. The three of them are all hot heads, but they're fantastic players. You bring in a coach who can reel 'em in a bit in terms of temper, and gets them focused more on the offensive aspects of the game. You don't trade guys like Sid, Geno or Neal.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Every so often a player deserves to receive a whack, slash, elbow, etc. It's a shame this team has nobody willing or capable of doing those things, which is why guys like Neal, Sid, and Geno have to do it themselves.

Malkin112*

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad