Speculation: James Hagens

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Amateur hockey programs on the Island have come a long way from the Arrows and Apple Core. There are 3 high profile programs that I’m aware of…LI Gulls, the Royals (Pat Lafontoaine’s) and the Junior Islanders. They have sent their fair share of kids to the USJHL as well as D1 and D2 colleges. Pretty impressive, in my opinion.
It’s awesome, I’ve done some coaching and seeing the talent levels rise is great. Love how much LI is getting on the map collegiately and professionally

Reactions: MJF

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
It’s awesome, I’ve done some coaching and seeing the talent levels rise is great. Love how much LI is getting on the map collegiately and professionally
Island definitely is producing players at college level now and some good success at pro level. Hagens I’d guess has chance to be the guy who makes big impact at nhl level in mold of fox and mcavoy but at forward position. I’m 45 and this success to me is relatively a last twenty or so year thing.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
maybe in the middle of his bridge deal he can quietly ask for a trade like Tkachuk did with Calgary .

I might be in a nursing home by then

• Haha
Reactions: doublechili

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
How do we make sure we get this kid? I'm open to suggestions. Get Lou on the phone please.

Hagens is the type of player you get to draft when you fully commit to a rebuild.

Alas according to too many around here who think any semblence of this team can reach the semifinals again (with Lou as GM), we're not allowed to do that around here, so you'll have to keep dreaming.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Hagens is the type of player you get to draft when you fully commit to a rebuild.
Hagens is the type of player you hope you can draft, because if if your team tanks so badly as to be the worst in the league, you have a 1 in 4 chance in getting to draft. Considering that there's a player this good less than half the time at 1st overall, the chance is really less than 1/8 or 12.5%. (There's a player as good as a blue chip prospect as Hagens in about 40% of drafts.)

I can respect it if people say they'll take their (small) chances. But it's both tedious, and, and stupid to have arguments based on misleading (really - false) claims.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad