Movies: James Cameron rebooting Terminator

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
T2 doesn't need a sequel though. It ended perfectly.

giphy.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I did like ending of part III though

Not a perfect movie by any stretch but not as bad as people portray it as (Was far better then the two that followed)

To see Armageddon was satisfactory

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I think that we can at least respect the fact that Cameron is pretending like the last three films didn't happen, either. This new film is said to be a sequel to Judgment Day. It may simply be way too late for that to be done properly, but Cameron is behind it (unlike the last three), and I'm not going to bet against Cameron until he lays a dud. Of course, I wasn't willing to bet against Spielberg until he gave us 'Crystal Skull', but Cameron devotes so much more of his time and passion to projects. My main concern is that he isn't directing this and, for maybe the first time in his career, is trying to do two things at once (the Avatar sequels and this), but I'm confident enough in his filmmaking to suspect that this'll be a clear cut above the last three films.

Ehhh...to me it's just a bit too much of Crystal Skull and a bit too much three entire movies were made after T2. You just can't unring the bell here. Those bad movies happened, and we can't pretend otherwise. I just can't get behind it knowing what a cynical cash grab it's going to be, especially as you know Hollywood movies don't get made as standalone movies anymore, they're always made as origin stories of franchises than can be milked until they're unprofitable.

I really hate that kind of moviemaking.

T2 doesn't need a sequel though. It ended perfectly.

Yeah. This. Right on. :handclap:

I did like ending of part III though

Not a perfect movie by any stretch but not as bad as people portray it as (Was far better then the two that followed)

To see Armageddon was satisfactory

Meh, out of the bad three I actually liked the Christian Bale one the best. I liked one showing the actual war with different kinds of killer robots like the auto-bikes and jet support fighters, and the third one was just tired. It was like a pale reflection of T2 with an older Arnie and a bad gal Terminatrix that was a clear downgrade over the T1000. Robert Patrick was emotionless and it was scary...that blond chick just wasn't somehow. Nick Stahl and Clair Danes...no chemistry, no suspense.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Interesting on the Hamilton stuff. Her transformation from I to II was amazing. There is no other Sarah Connor.

So they delayed Judgement Day until she got a lot older must be the plot. The casting of John Connor should be interesting as he should be much older.

Just don't make the story all wonky. Despite how bad the last movie was, Arnold was still good.

I did not like III at all, mainly because the cast around Arnold was not good. I actually did like the one with Bale, different perspective.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Meh, out of the bad three I actually liked the Christian Bale one the best. I liked one showing the actual war with different kinds of killer robots like the auto-bikes and jet support fighters, and the third one was just tired. It was like a pale reflection of T2 with an older Arnie and a bad gal Terminatrix that was a clear downgrade over the T1000. Robert Patrick was emotionless and it was scary...that blond chick just wasn't somehow. Steve Zahn and Clair Danes...no chemistry, no suspense.

it was Nick Stahl not Steve Zhan.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Robots don't age do they? That's gonna be a tough one :laugh:

Androids that have organic tissue over their metal endoskeletons, like the Terminators, can conceivably age. I'm pretty sure that the series has used this explanation already.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
man I really bought into the hope that it would be a return to the dark gritty Terminator story. instead its another CGI f***fest

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
man I really bought into the hope that it would be a return to the dark gritty Terminator story. instead its another CGI ****fest

There was footage shown at a con somewhere that was more story driven that people were saying was good. This trailer seemed like it was trying to hook casual fans more so than fans of the franchise.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I liked Mackenzie Davis in Black Mirror, and Bladerunner 2049.

This movie is looking like an easy pass though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad