WWE: James Caldwell (PWTorch): "Three (wellness violations) may just be the beginning"

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I said in the Eva Marie thread that I wouldn't be surprised if more are revealed after Summerslam so they don't affect any matches, and now this comes:

and DeathToAllMarks on Twitter says the rumour is that 10 people in total got popped, which would be a huge blow depending on the names.

There's one name who I have a feeling with but I guess that's a wait-and-see, but Monday should be a super interesting day.

Sean Radican of PWTorch posted a tweet that was alluding to Eva Marie actually being suspended from a tainted supplement. Something called "shredz", which may be Jonathan's.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just from briefly reading from some sites, Adderall seems to be the big drug that everyone is getting busted on? With their travel schedule and what they go through, is Adderall really that big of a deal?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If we see some weird ass results on Sunday, then I think we can get a good idea of who got popped and who's going to be suspended come Monday.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't imagine Dean Ambrose is a clean man. I'm not saying PEDs, I'm talking just going out and partying. That's just from hearing other wrestlers talk about his past.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can't imagine Dean Ambrose is a clean man. I'm not saying PEDs, I'm talking just going out and partying. That's just from hearing other wrestlers talk about his past.

I think he's toned down considerably and has since being signed with WWE. He knew his partying and actions cost him a contract with WWE earlier.

Like I said, there's a few who I wouldn't be surprised get popped and a guy who I'd be shocked isn't after Sunday. We'll see on Monday, I guess.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just from briefly reading from some sites, Adderall seems to be the big drug that everyone is getting busted on? With their travel schedule and what they go through, is Adderall really that big of a deal?
Yeah. Getting a non-WWE approved doctor to give you pills is a massive deal and they should be suspended for it. The entire policy exists to stop that kind thing from happening, it's a big deal.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah. Getting a non-WWE approved doctor to give you pills is a massive deal and they should be suspended for it. The entire policy exists to stop that kind thing from happening, it's a big deal.

I guess we should have 2 separate conversations.

1) One that I brought up that isn't for this board... are "drugs" like weed and Adderall realllllllly that bad? But that's not for this forum/thread/anything. (Edit - for the records i've been drug free my entire life. Not a single drug/pill or anything. But researching what they do and how it actually negatively affects society... I question how bad those things really even are.)

2) You are correct. They have to go by the WWE policy and they signed up knowing it. So I 100% understand it. But in reality, do these wrestlers really have time to take off and meet with therapists or properly treat their body for sleep with their schedule?

Probably not.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But they do have contacts and trust to lose, and also to protect. You don't throw around things like this, it's how you get people fired or worse.

I'm talking about HIS speculation, Kimi. What are you even talking about?

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA

1) One that I brought up that isn't for this board... are "drugs" like weed and Adderall realllllllly that bad? But that's not for this forum/thread/anything. (Edit - for the records i've been drug free my entire life. Not a single drug/pill or anything. But researching what they do and how it actually negatively affects society... I question how bad those things really even are.)
Weed, no. WWE passively acknowledges that since it's only a fine and not a suspension. Adderall, however, is a legitimate PED, easily abused, and highly addictive with potentially severe side effects. It can mess with your heart, and with the amount of wrestlers that have died from heart conditions, WWE is right to stand firm on requiring legit prescriptions.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Because of our libel rule.

If the name I don't want to mention is suspended on Monday, then I'll say "that's the guy!"

Meh.. that's weird, but either way I don't care. :laugh: I just want to enjoy Summerslam then they can all get suspended. Nothing matters until Royal Rumble anyway.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate to be that guy to empathize with wrestlers who are getting paid a crap load of money to do their thing, but there are just so many examples where wrestlers were not fit to wrestle - but they were out there every single night. They don't really have the avenue of getting the right help/treatment and if they do take time off, it's potentially unpaid and/or they lose a crap load of money they could be making.

I just think a few stories stand out. Angle has spoken out a lot about this. Punk's story was quite discouraging. Even Lesnar opening up about his addictions was a bit tough to listen to.

I wish wrestling had an offseason.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meh.. that's weird, but either way I don't care. :laugh: I just want to enjoy Summerslam then they can all get suspended. Nothing matters until Royal Rumble anyway.

If DTAM is correct with the 10 names, then that would mean 7 are on the Summerslam card and in a semi-important position at the very least. Huge blow to WWE programming, but at least it would be easier to decide whether to skip a show or not.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

2) You are correct. They have to go by the WWE policy and they signed up knowing it. So I 100% understand it. But in reality, do these wrestlers really have time to take off and meet with therapists or properly treat their body for sleep with their schedule?

Probably not.
1) I think anything you need a prescription for and is on the WWE's list you can consider bad, especially addictive substances. How bad you can always question, but the act of getting something without the WWE doctors being in control/able to monitor is the real issue.

2) If it's a wellness issue, then I really cannot see the WWE ever turning their back on you. It's in their best interests to help you, and they've shown to be very giving with those kind of issues with former stars (I suspect more happens than we hear about too). Wrestlers probably won't want to ask for help, as people in general at idiots when it comes to that kind of thing, but I honestly don't see them being turned away for it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If DTAM is correct with the 10 names, then that would mean 7 are on the Summerslam card and in a semi-important position at the very least. Huge blow to WWE programming, but at least it would be easier to decide whether to skip a show or not.
Looking at the dates, it doesn't matter when they suspend them (before or after next week's TV) all the Raw guy will be back for their next PPV, but the Smackdown ones are all going to miss Backlash. Smackdown really wouldn't be great depending on who vanishes for a bit.

Sounds like a great time for some more NXT call ups :D.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Come on guys. Let's just start throwing names out there.

It's not libel if it's a blind (somewhat but very limited educated) guess!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If it's true, we're all holding our breath. I'm sure some folks were all marks for get nailed.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Process of elimination time.

It's not going to be Bray. If it was, then he'd be suspended already as he doesn't have a match booked. That means Rowan is also off the table. Same with Kalisto and Corbin. It's not Carmella, Naomi, or Becky, as they'd be suspended to mirror Eva in that match.

It's also not Big E, as he's already off TV, so they'd have released it. Unless he's a surprise during the match.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly, it's just baseless speculation that there are more.

Though you'd assume anybody recently add to the preshow/show are in the clear too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad