Jambalaya Appreciation Thread

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Tonight, I made my first primitive attempt at creating that most perfect of foodstuffs, jambalaya.

I used mild Italian sausage as my local grocer doesn't have andouille sausage.

I also used the weird short grain rice I mistakenly bought a while ago as I wanted to use it up for something instead of long grain rice.

I didn't simmer it after adding the chicken, shrimp and sausage. I kept the temperature up too high because the rice wasn't absorbing the chicken stock like I'd hoped, and I think I dumped all the broth into the mix too soon. That causes the temperature to drop too fast so you don't get a nice simmer and the water steams off like it should. That worried me, so I kept the temperature up too high so I could boil the stock off.

I also used twice the spice mixture I should've with the meats before adding them to the stew.

But it was awesome.

Jambalaya is amazing, even when cooked by someone inept like me.

Discuss.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I love Louisiana food in general, but yes, Jambalaya is awesome, provided it's actually spicy. I've noticed in my time in this country, a lot, not all, but a lot of place market things as spicy, but aren't.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
At the game last night Jeff won a ryobi leaf blower from home depot way to go Jeff enjoy blowing leaves bud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad