Injury Report: Jakub Vrana out 4 months

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This timing of this is puzzling...? Why wait until now to deal with this? why not do this in April?

Edit: nvm, didn't realize he arrived already and hurt it on the ice

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not good news...Me thinks it'll likely be surgery, or possibly a long rehab if sugery is not required at this time...Either way I expect him to miss a significant portion of the season.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
how do you hurt yourself 10 minutes into practice. it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

the silver lining is it opens room for Raymond/Berggren/Veleno.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Really makes no sense to speculate what part of the shoulder is the problem, but can you explain why you think rotator cuff is the most likely culprit?
Probably because it's the most common shoulder injury. Who knows, it could just be a stinger.

I'm sure we'll find out later this week, when they put a timetable on the return date....

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He got injured in one of those European tournaments playing together with Zadina. Don't know if it's related

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Yeah. I’d agree I think. I thought we were discussing being able to lottery win Power, and still be able to be in the Wright and Bedard sweepstakes.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
how do you hurt yourself 10 minutes into practice. it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

the silver lining is it opens room for Raymond/Berggren/Veleno.
Showing up out of shape is a good way to accomplish that. Not saying that's what happened but....

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I hope it's nothing serious and Vrana heals soon.

Also, I think once all the dust settles in the next two or three weeks, we should redo the 'how many points will the Wings finish with' thread.

They will have Bertuzzi for more games than last year and even if Vrana is out for a long time, they got Suter, plus made significant improvements on the defensive end. Still, I have them like 10 points lower than initial estimates pending the Bertuzzi-Vrana outcomes.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hope it's nothing serious and Vrana heals soon.

Also, I think once all the dust settles in the next two or three weeks, we should redo the 'how many points will the Wings finish with' thread.

They will have Bertuzzi for more games than last year and even if Vrana is out for a long time, they got Suter, plus made significant improvements on the defensive end. Still, I have them like 10 points lower than initial estimates pending the Bertuzzi-Vrana outcomes.

Yeah, every team can be projected to be if all are healthy. You don't know who are going to get injured. But when "shit starts happening", and when Tuzzi and Vrana level of guys are gonna miss some games, then it's obviously hurts.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Well that sucks...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad