Confirmed with Link: Jakub Vrana in Player Assistance program (01.03.23 in GR for conditioning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Zadina can go with this conditioning stint -route...
Doesn't help. You need to be on the NHL roster to go on a conditioning stint.

Vrana has been on the roster since he was reinstated.
Someone needs to be removed from the roster for Fabbri to get activated. Likely Ned.
Someone needs to be removed from the roster for Bert to get activated. ???
Someone needs to be removed form the roster for Zadina to get activated. ???

Steve has some work to do in the coming week.

Reactions: lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Someone needs to be removed from the roster for Fabbri to get activated. Likely Ned.

WRONG! Players can be loaned while on LTIR. It's in the CBA.

13.9 Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan.
A Player who is on the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception as set forth in Article 50 may, with his consent, during the term of such Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception (but in no event during the first fourteen (14) calendar days and six (6) NHL Games), be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan (the "Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan") for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games, solely for the purpose of determining whether the Player is fit to play. If the Club determines that it needs more time to 75 ARTICLE 13 13.10-13.12 assess the Player's fitness to play, the Club may file a written request with the Commissioner's Office, with a copy to the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, to extend the Loan for an additional two (2) games. The Commissioner, upon good cause, may approve the one-time extension. The Commissioner's approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. A Player on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan will continue to be listed on Injured Reserve and will not count against the Club's 23-man roster limit. The Club's Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception will continue until the Conditioning Loan ends, and his Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses will continue to count against the Club's Upper Limit and the Players' Share during such time. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is placed on a Bona Fide LongTerm Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan. If he has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers or otherwise to Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take other disciplinary action against the Club as he deems appropriate. A Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan may be extended on one occasion. This procedure can only be used once during each period of time that the Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception.

Meh

If he is claimed so be it
Yeah, who cares, right?

If a team wants to pay $1.8M/yr for AHL talent, then let them have it.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
WRONG! Players can be loaned while on LTIR. It's in the CBA.

13.9 Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan.
A Player who is on the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception as set forth in Article 50 may, with his consent, during the term of such Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception (but in no event during the first fourteen (14) calendar days and six (6) NHL Games), be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan (the "Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan") for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games, solely for the purpose of determining whether the Player is fit to play. If the Club determines that it needs more time to 75 ARTICLE 13 13.10-13.12 assess the Player's fitness to play, the Club may file a written request with the Commissioner's Office, with a copy to the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, to extend the Loan for an additional two (2) games. The Commissioner, upon good cause, may approve the one-time extension. The Commissioner's approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. A Player on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan will continue to be listed on Injured Reserve and will not count against the Club's 23-man roster limit. The Club's Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception will continue until the Conditioning Loan ends, and his Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses will continue to count against the Club's Upper Limit and the Players' Share during such time. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is placed on a Bona Fide LongTerm Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan. If he has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers or otherwise to Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take other disciplinary action against the Club as he deems appropriate. A Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan may be extended on one occasion. This procedure can only be used once during each period of time that the Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception.
None of them were LTIR'd.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
None of them were LTIR'd.
Aside from Vrana who was on PAP, they are all (Bert/Fabbri/ZadinaPysyk/Hagg/Luff) eligible to go on LTIR retroactively if the Wings choose to do so.

Not that it matters because if you read the damn CBA, it states "injured reserve", not LTIR.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Aside from Vrana who was on PAP, they are all (Bert/Fabbri/ZadinaPysyk/Hagg/Luff) eligible to go on LTIR retroactively if the Wings choose to do so.

Not that it matters because if you read the damn CBA, it states "injured reserve", not LTIR.
It still doesn't help anything even if they retroactively LTIR someone. What does that give us? Exactly nothing. None of them, with the exception of Vrana currently count against the 23 man roster. Vrana's not eligible for LTIR and he's already had his stint.

The only way LTIR "helps" to free up a roster spot is if we put someone currently on the active roster on LTIR. What options do we have for that? None, unless we want to go that route with Larkin. But that's gonna be a tricky approval process with the league since he's been playing and doesn't help the team so you may as well keep the guys stuck on IR on IR.

It's cute you think you found a gotcha but it's completely pointless as it does not apply to our current situation.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

I think that Lindstrom will be one of the guys sent down, seeing as he has seemingly lost out to Oesterle as the extra D, one of the goalies Ned traded or Hellberg waived. I also think Soderblom will get sent down, not because he doesn't deserve to stay, but teams will choose the non waiver route before risking losing a player for nothing. They could easily send Soderblom down, have Zadina be healthy scratch for a week or so, and then do the conditioning stint thing with him and bring Soderblom back up.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

So they activate Zadina and move ELC to farm as a paper move. Then Zadina is back on the roster and you can send him for conditioning stint. Call ELC guy back.

Moves just in different order.

The work will be:

- 1 forward Trade, proably Erne (opens a spot for Bertuzzi) Retain 1M of salary.
- Trading Nedeljkovic / waiving him (opens a spot for Fabbri)
- 1 ELC to farm, and back (will open a spot for Zadina-conditioning)

Last edited:

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
All of this talk about juggling guys between IR, roster, and Grand Rapids -- it sounds like we need to trade 2 or 3 guys.

I know there's a lot of talent that will be available at the deadline (Timo Meier, Horvat, Tarasenko, etc) so I'm wondering if we should try to deal some guys before the deadline -- maybe a contender would be more likely to bite early. Not just a spare part like Erne (I doubt any team would want him for future considerations.) We could afford to deal Bertuzzi now.

I wonder how much it would take to pry Tage Thompson away from the Sah-brays. Bring back the Tall Boys line, but make it our first line this time.

• Haha
Reactions: WingsToPick4th

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think that Lindstrom will be one of the guys sent down, seeing as he has seemingly lost out to Oesterle as the extra D, one of the goalies Ned traded or Hellberg waived. I also think Soderblom will get sent down, not because he doesn't deserve to stay, but teams will choose the non waiver route before risking losing a player for nothing. They could easily send Soderblom down, have Zadina be healthy scratch for a week or so, and then do the conditioning stint thing with him and bring Soderblom back up.
Lindstrom lost out to Oesterle for being the 6th D. That makes Lindstrom the extra D. Or am I missing someone? Hagg? Waive. Pysyk? Not making it back this year. With as often as Lalonde talked about running 7D on the game roster, he's not going to run with just 6D on the active roster. I think Lindstrom is one of the safest guys with regards to keeping a roster spot.

I really really hope that Steve takes into consideration the mental/emotional gut punch that is sending down a kid that's playing well. That has the potential to undo any of the gains Soderblom's made. And I get that they would talk to them, explain it, and all that. But it would still be a gut punch robbing them (Soda, Bergie, or Joe) of the momentum they're on.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I wonder how much it would take to pry Tage Thompson away from the Sah-brays. Bring back the Tall Boys line, but make it our first line this time.
He's on pace for 60+ goals and almost 120 Points and signed to a cheap long-term contract. For them to trade him to a direct divisional rival it would take at least Zadina+2nd.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He's on pace for 60+ goals and almost 120 Points and signed to a cheap long-term contract. For them to trade him to a direct divisional rival it would take at least Zadina+2nd.

Maybe add a third to that too. He's really good and if you want to acquire talent you have to be willing to pay

/s

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Is now really the time to add more talent acquisition into the mix? Isn't it smarter to try to find the best balance of what you have now, let them develop what chemistry they can with the steadiness of line mates you can give them?

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I can understand trading away a Bert for picks, although I wouldn't like it, but trading for a different actual player now? I don't see the value.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Quite sure they would demand Rasmussen + Söderblom in a package.

So there goes the tall boys. Let's keep our own.

Sabres is not a good trade partner, they have kind of same needs as DET. RhD especially. But next summer is full of RhDs available. Sabres will be big player there.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is now really the time to add more talent acquisition into the mix? Isn't it smarter to try to find the best balance of what you have now, let them develop what chemistry they can with the steadiness of line mates you can give them?

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I can understand trading away a Bert for picks, although I wouldn't like it, but trading for a different actual player now? I don't see the value.
Trading for a different player at this point is really no different than getting back players that haven't played all season. Whether you're reinserting Bertuzzi/Vrana right now or adding a different top 6 player is a wash.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Quite sure they would demand Rasmussen + Söderblom in a package.

So there goes the tall boys. Let's keep our own.

Sabres is not a good trade partner, they have kind of same needs as DET. RhD especially. But next summer is full of RhDs available. Sabres will be big player there.
Seider and Hronek would have one believe otherwise.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Trading for a different player at this point is really no different than getting back players that haven't played all season. Whether you're reinserting Bertuzzi/Vrana right now or adding a different top 6 player is a wash.
That's sort of my point - reduce the churn and chaos by trying to slot in known factors.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011

I'm praying for the sake of humanity that all the getting Tage Thompson for trash is merely sarcasm.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'm praying for the sake of humanity that all the getting Tage Thompson for trash is merely sarcasm.

Thankfully, yes. Pavels Dog went super hard in that one to signal that it was.

(A 60g, 120p young forward making 7.16M from a direct division rival)

Reactions: stillwater

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Sending Lindstrom down would mean we'd have only 6 defensemen on the roster, which is a little risky.

Nobody will like hearing it, but if Yzerman doesn't have a trade lined up to clear roster space, Berggren may need to go down, to at least just buy some time. Unless someone else gets injured before all of Fabbri, Zadina, and Bertuzzi are back, which is entirely possible.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I am quite sure it was a joke, and an obvious one.
We would have to send one of our best players plus our 1st.
Sending Lindstrom down would mean we'd have only 6 defensemen on the roster, which is a little risky.

Nobody will like hearing it, but if Yzerman doesn't have a trade lined up to clear roster space, Berggren may need to go down, to at least just buy some time. Unless someone else gets injured before all of Fabbri, Zadina, and Bertuzzi are back, which is entirely possible.
I am fine with sending both Berggren and Soderblom down. It is not the end of the world.
They both know they have earned the spot.
But we have won 3 of 4, so I would not like any lineup changes until we lose.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I am quite sure it was a joke, and an obvious one.
We would have to send one of our best players plus our 1st.

I am fine with sending both Berggren and Soderblom down. It is not the end of the world.
They both know they have earned the spot.
But we have won 3 of 4, so I would not like any lineup changes until we lose.
So you aren’t okay with sending them down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad