Jakub Voracek is calling out hfboards user deadhead

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I dk I feel like if I was making 8 million a year I would be do other things with my spare time.
I'm sure there are pro hockey players who are both fans and students of the game and wants to read about hockey too. If I was playing in the NHL I would sure as hell read stuff to see opinions on other players and myself.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm sure there are pro hockey players who are both fans and students of the game and wants to read about hockey too. If I was playing in the NHL I would sure as hell read stuff to see opinions on other players and myself.

I hear what you're saying, but a forum with nothing but arm chair GMs is probably the last place I would go. But what do I know. Just my thoughts.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think it's best for athletes in general to stay away from places like this.

I don't know what benefit you can get as a player browsing this place. This place can be pretty sensationalist, and sometimes, people resort to personal attacks. It's content that most people here would not even say to a player in person if they had the opportunity.

Players should just continue to juggle their personal life with their professional life, and not add this dimension into it.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think it's only natural to seek a vibe of what people think of your performance, but I don't think this is the place for it.

Players will leave this place with the wrong impression of themselves, because of the sensationalist takes. This space fills the extreme fan niche, and isn't representative of the entire fan spectrum.

Reactions: violaswallet

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
this take is essentially why social media has ruined society.
It’s economics. Before social media and global village we didn’t have people able to leverage mass public attention to make millions. I don’t personally trash talk people for no reason (not like that guy did) but it’s ridiculously entitled to join a career... you know what nvm it’s obvious enough what I’m saying

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
It’s economics. Before social media and global village we didn’t have people able to leverage mass public attention to make millions. I don’t personally trash talk people for no reason (not like that guy did) but it’s ridiculously entitled to join a career... you know what nvm it’s obvious enough what I’m saying

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
One has to wonder... if JV reads the boards all other players prob (sorry Bobrovsky) know about it know and will look to see if they have things written about them too lol

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
"An HFBoards assclown and an NHL player walk into a bar. Which one comes out conscious?"

An over sensitive millionaire who plays a game for a living looking for a fight, and some dude on a message board with some non controversial thoughts walk into a bar. Which one retains any personal dignity?

Reactions: CupInSIX

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Well, it's been fairly easy to figure out who the Curb Your Enthusiasm fans are in this thread

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
People need to lighten up. There is no way this is a threat from Jake. It is all fun banter.

Voracek has been after deadhead since 2018. Back then Voracek was scouring through Flyers GDT's and making copies of posts calling out his play. That seems more like an obsession to me

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
There is a perfectly rational explanation. Jakub Voracek is a huge Devin Townsend Band fan(deadhead being one of their great songs) and he wants to buy him a few beers cause he like his username.

Yea..... I'm not buying it either. :D

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Okay buddy. Technology has allowed these athletes to leverage massive audiences to make millions in the first place. Everything has a good and a bad side. If you have an issue with that go watch your beer league games in person only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad