Player Discussion Jakub Lauko

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What is Lauko ceiling?

He is grinding right now and sticking to the requirements of the role (4th line). I think there is a higher ceiling.

He’s got 5P/16GP — 3G/2A

That translates currently, for an 82 game season:

15G — 10A — 25 Points

Would be nice production from him. He’s been good and noticeable when in there. I would personally have him above Greer. He’s better and younger.

I think he could be a 35 point winger with speed and energy. Could give you 13-15 goals. He has that attitude you like though? I could see him playing and scoring a big goal.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I remember in his post-draft interviews him saying he would be the steal of the draft. Confident thing to say but he seems to be proving himself an effective every day NHLer, so good on him.

Reactions: shelbysdad

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Only playing under 7 minutes per game. 6:36 today. He doesn't play special teams so makes him the least amount of ice time on the team.

Love watching him! Hopefully his time increases as top line time decreases.
I don't think they trust him in the defensive zone. I thought he was noticeably bad there until a few games ago. Now, I'm not noticing him, which is an improvement in my book.

Still, he's getting a bell ringer chance every game he plays, or so it seems. That's pretty effective for 7 minutes a game on the fourth line.

I think everything he does this season is more for stating his case next season. He's not getting a spot if Foligno comes back or if Fred gets moved down once Hall's back.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The kid brings energy, draws penalties, and has a few grade A chances every night while only getting a handful of shifts.

They need to give him a loooong look with the big club next season.
Id say he's a guarantee to crack the lineup next year - we need to rely on ELCs and cheap contracts in the bottom 6 and he has proven, to me at least, that he can play on line 4 or 3 next season.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I know Lauko will probably sit when everyone is healthy, but I strongly feel and have felt for awhile now after seeing him live in providence and seeing him up with the big club and watching his development that he’s the type of player this team not only needs but will pot those electric going full speed goals against teams like Carolina and Toronto

We may need to sit someone at some point just to get what he brings in the line up

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
He's been my dark horse/black ace since he was drafted. Always liked his game. I think he could grow into a permanent spot, and also be useful in a playoff run, when we need speed, skills, or injury replacements.

Reactions: NDiesel

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I know Lauko will probably sit when everyone is healthy, but I strongly feel and have felt for awhile now after seeing him live in providence and seeing him up with the big club and watching his development that he’s the type of player this team not only needs but will pot those electric going full speed goals against teams like Carolina and Toronto

We may need to sit someone at some point just to get what he brings in the line up
he has certainly created a nice problem with his eye opening play , size, speed, skill ,youth and he is easy on the cap. ...... lets hope for he is healthy and he will be nice to have in the stable if needed......

Reactions: 22Brad Park

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He's been my dark horse/black ace since he was drafted. Always liked his game. I think he could grow into a permanent spot, and also be useful in a playoff run, when we need speed, skills, or injury replacements.

same here

I also can see him following a similar career path as marchand because they have something in common; the unbreakable will to have a motor that never quits

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Lauko will only turn 23 tomorrow and has had to deal with some injury issues along the way. I think his progression has been quite good. This is a kid that has stepped in when called upon this season and made the most of it. Based on his skill set, motor, and speed, he is destined to be a good middle-sixer. Give him a full season of games to further develop in the NHL and reap the rewards.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Lauko will only turn 23 tomorrow and has had to deal with some injury issues along the way. I think his progression has been quite good. This is a kid that has stepped in when called upon this season and made the most of it. Based on his skill set, motor, and speed, he is destined to be a good middle-sixer. Give him a full season of games to further develop in the NHL and reap the rewards.
I wonder how many of these injuries are due to him just going at 110% every moment of the game. Seems like he has only one speed, he may need to reel himself in a bit in order to have a longer, healthier career.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You are right he made the best of his opportunities , and if continues his progress he will be considered a salary cap gift.......

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I wonder how many of these injuries are due to him just going at 110% every moment of the game. Seems like he has only one speed, he may need to reel himself in a bit in order to have a longer, healthier career.
His MCL injury at the 2020 World Juniors was just the result of the opposing player making a reckless play on an unsuspecting Lauko. He has had some crap luck.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Any update on the injury? Day-to-day, week-to-week?

bet you it's day to day based on Porter's tweet, upper body by others, and watching replay. he put weight on his leg and you could see him holding his lower back and side, watch the replay - body takes a ton a of force right in his spine/lower back area when he hits the boards. Major jam up. He's gonna be sore but I bet he'll be in game shape in less than a week. That's my dart at the board guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad