Jakub Culek

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think he'll ever suit up for us, but maybe down the road for another team

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
At this point my only hope for him is he grows a massive Mullet

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I wonder what it will take to pry Marek Zagrapan away from the Sabres. Let him mentor Culek and reap the inevitable rewards.

PS. As a general rule, Czech prospects are garbage. This ain't the 90s.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
If he is, it's as a bottom 6 forward.

He's got good size, he's shown good two way play, but he's behind quite the long list of forward prospects, so he's got to do something.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
He's not really competing for the same spot as most of our forward prospects.

The guy if he makes the NHL will be a shutdown winger in the mold of a Rob Niedermayer. The Sens don't really have any other prospects that fits that type of player.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He's not really competing for the same spot as most of our forward prospects.

The guy if he makes the NHL will be a shutdown winger in the mold of a Rob Niedermayer. The Sens don't really have any other prospects that fits that type of player.

Mika Zabinejed, JOB, Derek Grant, Jarod Maidens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It`s too bad that the Bingo Sens didn't keep Culek to play with them this year, I would have preferred him to Petersson, Caporusso or Pageau.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Jacob Selleck will play in the AHL next year, hopefully for the B-Sens. He can take Mika Jabinezad's spot.

WilderPegasus*

It`s too bad that the Bingo Sens didn't keep Culek to play with them this year, I would have preferred him to Petersson, Caporusso or Pageau.

Why? Are you a puck bunny who gets crushes on tall guys?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Culek isn't very good. He flashed a bit last year at the WJHC but people overrate that event. Unless he carves out a niche as a PKer or something I doubt he ever amounts to anything as an NHL player. Even most of the defensive shutdown players in the NHL had some success scoring in lower ranks. Culek hasn't.

I'd be surprised if he ever has more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Culek isn't very good. He flashed a bit last year at the WJHC but people overrate that event. Unless he carves out a niche as a PKer or something I doubt he ever amounts to anything as an NHL player. Even most of the defensive shutdown players in the NHL had some success scoring in lower ranks. Culek hasn't.

I'd be surprised if he ever has more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.
Your avatar should be

slapshot-ogie-oglethorpe2.jpg

Berserker*

What? Why? Pageau has played great so far.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
No ****ing way.

Slap Shot
Written by - Nancy Dowd
Ogie Ogilthorpe - Ned Dowd

Nancy Dowd (born 1945) is a screenwriter most famous for her films Slap Shot and Coming Home.[1][2] Her brother Ned Dowd inspired the story behind Slap Shot based on his experiences playing minor league hockey.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Slap Shot
Written by - Nancy Dowd
Ogie Ogilthorpe - Ned Dowd

Nancy Dowd (born 1945) is a screenwriter most famous for her films Slap Shot and Coming Home.[1][2] Her brother Ned Dowd inspired the story behind Slap Shot based on his experiences playing minor league hockey.

You're kidding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad