Speculation: Jakob Silfverberg

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Between the acquisition of Sprong & Aberg, Kaše’s bombastic return to the lineup, and Perry’s (expected) return in March, the writing seems to be on the wall that Silfverberg & his expiring UFA contract are on the outs. Chances are quite good that he’ll be dealt at or before the trade deadline. Who wants him & what will they offer?

I’d expect the bidding would start at a first or a second + prospect, but I’m curious to hear what y’all think his price is.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not going to embarrass myself with a terrible offer but I agree with what you have his value at.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Between the acquisition of Sprong & Aberg, Kaše’s bombastic return to the lineup, and Perry’s (expected) return in March, the writing seems to be on the wall that Silfverberg & his expiring UFA contract are on the outs. Chances are quite good that he’ll be dealt at or before the trade deadline. Who wants him & what will they offer?

I’d expect the bidding would start at a first or a second + prospect, but I’m curious to hear what y’all think his price is.

That's right where I've been placing his value as well, 1st + 2nd/B prospect from a contending team.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I wouldn't take anything less than a 1st. If it's a second + prospect, the prospect needs to be quality (not blue-chip, being realistic). My hope would be for a nice trade deadline return, or that he is extended. My fear is that he is moved in a "hockey trade" for a player that only helps short term, or that we hang on to him for a playoff run and make a feigned attempt to sign him in the offseason and lose him for nothing.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Id like him on the CBJ but no idea what we would pay. Id have to look through our prospects. Maybe Carlson and a 2nd. I dont know if the ducks need D or not. But we have a few guys that passed Carlson so as of right now he is expendable.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Even if the Ducks are in a playoff spot they need to move him and TRY to move Cogliano.

It isnt a slight on him. The Ducks need to open up roster spots for their young forwards coming in the next year or 2.

Reactions: Duck Off

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Id like him on the CBJ but no idea what we would pay. Id have to look through our prospects. Maybe Carlson and a 2nd. I dont know if the ducks need D or not. But we have a few guys that passed Carlson so as of right now he is expendable.
Literally the last thing Ducks need is LHD

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Would the Ducks be interested in a deal around Yamamoto? Edmonton adds for retention if possible.

Yamamoto + 2019 2nd + 2020 3rd for Silverberg 50% retention

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Would the Ducks be interested in a deal around Yamamoto? Edmonton adds for retention if possible.

Is he that big of a bust after 1 year? I thought the kid had a great chance to bust out.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Id prob do that.... tho helping Edmonton hurts a bit

I feel like it would be Yamamoto + 2nd for Silf at 50% tho… the 3rd maybe conditional on silfverberg resigning in Edmonton, if he resigns in Anaheim we give you a 3rd.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

I'd be ok with that return, its better than Bob watching him leave for nothing.
Not worried about helping Edmonton as it also means the rest of the division has to face him still, he'll improve Edmonton's PK & defense among its forwards. Take a bit of the pressure off its goalies.
P.S is that Erica Cerra in ur avatar ? i'm quite familiar with Canadian actresses, looks like her from that angle.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Id prob do that.... tho helping Edmonton hurts a bit

I feel like it would be Yamamoto + 2nd for Silf at 50% tho… the 3rd maybe conditional on silfverberg resigning in Edmonton, if he resigns in Anaheim we give you a 3rd.
I like when people are reasonable like you knowing its an overpay so you work it out to make it even. Been talking to CHI amd STL fans today about trades and they have been pretty great too. Just nice to not see a shit show.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like when people are reasonable like you knowing its an overpay so you work it out to make it even. Been talking to CHI amd STL fans today about trades and they have been pretty great too. Just nice to not see a **** show.
Ya I don't mind agreeing to trades that are even... its a trade board not like any of these are realistically going to happen. The original offer was borderline overpayment tho for what 30 games of silf potentially?

Reactions: mikeyp24

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If Silfverberg is moved it will almost certainly be for some type of futures package. The Ducks absolutely rely on the draft to integrate new talent into the system since they don't go heavily into the UFA market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad