Confirmed with Link: Jakob Silfverberg signed for 4 years (3.75M AAV)

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Glad to read that the ducks have silf in their long term plans. Wouldve loved that 6 year contract

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Apparently Anders Lee was the direct comparable.

Edit - I'll link to Stephens' article because it's good and unusually in-depth. Silfverberg says they were on the same page the whole time, no holdup (for those who were sure there was). Silf's agent gives some insight. They skipped arbitration because the only thing to negotiate was term. Ducks wanted 6 years, wouldn't go under 3 years.

Thanks for the link. Epp, Silf's agent, also commented about a possible new CBA as a factor as well for only a 4 year deal, not longer.

DaDucks*

Hmm.......................................................Contract leads right to ufa?
Well, we might be in a situation where we have to trade him if we can't extend him in his last year. It's one thing to let a guy like Bels walk for nothing, but Silf in his prime isn't realistic, I doubt BM would let that happen.

Oh, and if he did....

Have a nice weekend :)

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Hmm.......................................................Contract leads right to ufa?
Well, we might be in a situation where we have to trade him if we can't extend him in his last year. It's one thing to let a guy like Bels walk for nothing, but Silf in his prime isn't realistic, I doubt BM would let that happen.

We can worry about it in 3 years. Our team may look completely different in that time depending on whether or not we can win a Cup with this current group. :popcorn:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Use Google Translate to read this report after the first scrimmage the of season for his Swedish home town team Brynäs: http://www.arbetarbladet.se/ishockey/shl/silfverberg-fortsatt-kung-i-gavlerinken#Ishockey

- Our best players were not the best when it came. It was the second year in a row for me and third for the club we went out. Chicago's two top fives were better than our two best and it is about routine and be the best when it comes, we still have a fairly young team.

Interesting

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Also, it's more advantageous to the player to get the money earlier than later. The earlier it's earning interest the better, so it's another way to get them to take a lower cap hit.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Use Google Translate to read this report after the first scrimmage the of season for his Swedish home town team Brynäs: http://www.arbetarbladet.se/ishockey/shl/silfverberg-fortsatt-kung-i-gavlerinken#Ishockey
- Our best players were not the best when it came. It was the second year in a row for me and third for the club we went out. Chicago's two top fives were better than our two best and it is about routine and be the best when it comes, we still have a fairly young team.
Interesting
Better not let top dogs read this. That never ends well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad