Jakob Silfverberg - SEL Champion and Playoffs MVP

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I hear this guy is having a good year in the SEL is he breaking out? and what do you guys project him to become in the NHL?

report on how he plays would be nice too :P

Merla

Nov 1, 2007
From Eliteprospects which is pretty accurate:

"Silfverberg is a strong skating two-way forward with good hockey sense. He is a very smart and mature player and is solid both offensively and defensively. Silfverberg has good technical skills and plays with plenty of intensity. His shot is quick, but could be more accurate and he does not really play very physical. "

My projection would be 2nd line winger (or 1st line winger if he's traded to Pens in the near future).

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The little I've seen of him he has a fantastic wrist shot and is good at picking corners. Most of all he's amazing around the net, he has potted almost of his SEL goals in the crease or top corner

Manny*

He's deadly around the net and is a true garbageman. Interestingly enough, when I watched him in the WJC, the one aspect of his game that stood out more than the rest was his penalty killing. He's a complete monster on the kill, and it will become one of his greatest attributes in the NHL. I never thought much of his offensive potential, and scratched my head when Ottawa's scouts spoke of him "dancing with the puck" and of his impressive skillset. This season, however, I'm beginning to understand what they saw in him. He could play in the NHL right now, in my opinion in a Chris Kelly type role. In a few years, though, he could be a Hornqvist.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Nah he's not like Hörnqvist, he doesn't really screen the goalie. He's more like Tavares if anything, always picking up rebounds etc.
He also got an absolute screamer of shot.
Seems like a complete player right now, will be really interesting to see how he does in the NHL.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Nah he's not like Hörnqvist, he doesn't really screen the goalie. He's more like Tavares if anything, always picking up rebounds etc.
He also got an absolute screamer of shot.
Seems like a complete player right now, will be really interesting to see how he does in the NHL.

How does his shot compare to André Petersson's?

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I think Silfverberg was one of the best picks the Sens made in the last few years (along with Karlsson and Lehner).

I just wish they had picked Paajarvi in the 2009 1st round instead of Cowen. They could have iced an all-Swedish lineup of:

Silfverberg - Paajarvi - Petersson

Karlsson - Rundblad

Lehner

:amazed:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think Silfverberg was one of the best picks the Sens made in the last few years (along with Karlsson and Lehner).

I just wish they had picked Paajarvi in the 2009 1st round instead of Cowen. They could have iced an all-Swedish lineup of:

Silfverberg - Paajarvi - Petersson

Karlsson - Rundblad

Lehner

:amazed:

Cowen by all accounts has been dominant this year. I don't regret the pick.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Favourite Sens prospect, I think he'll translate very well to the NHL and believe he has yet to bloom as a prospect.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Poor mans Alfredsson.

Murray's used this comparison before. After briefly seeing him I thought Murray was losing his mind, but upon further review they do appear to have similar skillsets and traits.

It seems as though his skating will be a deciding factor in whether he blossoms into a high end NHLer or not...from what I can see it seems like his stride has improved since last season.

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
If he is better than Peter Regin then he will be a top 6 forward? Regin has 7 points in 14 games so far (all assists) and is still imo producing under his actually level.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yay another thread about one of our prospects where Sens fans are the only ones commenting! :laugh:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm a Kings fan first and foremost but the Sens are my #2 team and I absolutely was ecstatic when they drafted Silfverburg. Great pick. My question though for people who have actually seen him play is how far away is he from the NHL? Could he make it next year? A year or two in the AHL?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
a year in the ahl would only be benefitial for him... if he goes over next year I'd see him play in the AHL for a year and then might grab a spot after that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad