Prospect Info: Jakob Pelletier, Left Wing, 26th Overall

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Again, a player that I like a lot but I’m a bit disappointed given who was still on the board. So far Treliving hasn’t given me a reason to not trust his drafting so I’m anxious to see this kid develop

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I didn't get to many Wildcats games this year but the kid looked pretty good when I saw him. I guess I'll have to watch more games next year now that I have someone to keep an eye on.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Watching the highlights right now and I really like this kid, all his goals are from like 2 feet from the crease which can translate into actual NHL goals. He's like a small Monahan with his garbageman skills.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
He's no fast foot two all beef patties, special sauce, let us cheese... McMichael. Granted I want McMichael for the name just like Bumface from a few drafts ago.

I don't know much about these kids but if you're happy then I'm happy.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Might even have Andrew Mangiapane like upside.

Not really wowed but I like that people say he's a smart player. I like smart players.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Supposedly there are comment about him being the love child of Gallagher and Marchand. Treliving using Marchand as a comparable. MSL lite is also something that might be considered.

I'm thinking...

Byron floor, Gallagher ceiling?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Eyes on the future in northern British Columbia

JAKOB PELLETIER
creative play-making forward … good speed … natural play-maker … likes to carry the puck … very good vision … shifty with the puck

NHL Mock Draft: What happens after Hughes and Kakko go 1-2?

At 5-foot-9 and 160 pounds, Pelletier is small by hockey standards, but in a draft with Cole Caufield, no one should care about that. Pelletier is an excellent skater (particularly when it comes to his first step and acceleration), and his hockey IQ allows him to read his options and make the best play for the situation, setting up his teammates for quality opportunities. His defensive positioning could use work, but he's got time.

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Was watching THG's livestream, and the person who was talking about the prospects said he wouldn't be a prolific scorer and would be a 4th or 3rd line centre?

Yeah, that's a little weird tbh.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Was watching THG's livestream, and the person who was talking about the prospects said he wouldn't be a prolific scorer and would be a 4th or 3rd line centre?

Yeah, that's a little weird tbh.

He’s a wing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah, that is why I'm questioning if he knows what he is talking about. If he doesn't even know the player's position, I'm kinda skeptical tbh.

I had to google to even find out what THG is.
Random bro on youtube will know about the same as your average HF poster. Maybe less.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I had to google to even find out what THG is.
Random bro on youtube will know about the same as your average HF poster. Maybe less.

It wasn't the THG himself, but somebody who he was talking too. Of course those comments made me pissy anyways lol.

Seriously though, I can't see why he'd only be a 3rd or 4th line max with that offensive production. 89 pts in 65 games is nothing to scoff at.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It wasn't the THG himself, but somebody who he was talking too. Of course those comments made me pissy anyways lol.

Seriously though, I can't see why he'd only be a 3rd or 4th line max with that offensive production. 89 pts in 65 games is nothing to scoff at.

You're essentially getting mad at the equivalent of an Oilers fan telling you:
"Juuso Valimaki's potential is probably a third pairing RD."

Sportsnet had his potential up as a second line winger; probably a bit more meat to them having that up; considering the prospect guru in the NHL was working on their panel tonight.

Like I said. You've followed someone that's probably versed in hockey as much as they watch 82 games of their team play, and read two hockey writer articles to prepare for the draft. No stock should be put into that. Hell, I rarely put stock into what they say at the draft anyways. I remember when Getzlaf was drafted, Bob McKenzie (another guru) said that he might make a good 2C/3C... turns out he was a top 10C from this generation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad