Injury Report: Jakob Pelletier cleared, assigned to Wranglers

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
We'll see if they do that. The Wranglers are in 1st place in their division so I wouldn't be surprised if they place each on different lines.

I also wouldn't be surprise if they do bookend a centre that they're hopeful can make the jump as well.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I would assume he'll play 1st line with Jones & Coronato, but lines have been a Cobb salad all year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Great news. How are you @Lunatik Hoping all is okay with you and your family.
Really appreciate you checking in on us Booms... things with my pops aren't good, they've now found 3 brain tumors to go along with the tumor on his spine. From the 20th to the 29th we had to call medics 4 times for him, twice on the 29th. On the 20th he spent the night in hospital and they found a small brain bleed and the tumors, but he came home the next day with meds to help the bleeding. On Xmas eve we called medics again as he was extremely dizzy and felt chest pains. Medics checked what they could and all his vitals were good and they determined it was an anxiety attack. hen on the 29th he started having episodes of TIA or more commonly called mini strokes as it mimics stroke symptoms, including speech issues. They took him to the hospital, he was released and had another episode less than 2 hours later... this time they kept him in and had him stay until this past Friday, when he and my mom moved into a facility. He's talking more and more about quitting treatment and about MAID (medical assistance in dying)... so unfortunately I think we're on the home stretch.

During all of this I moved as well, and have been trying to get settled. My anxiety has been f***ing with me because its a new place with new sounds. I also have only had 1 decent sleep n probably 2-3 weeks.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Really appreciate you checking in on us Booms... things with my pops aren't good, they've now found 3 brain tumors to go along with the tumor on his spine. From the 20th to the 29th we had to call medics 4 times for him, twice on the 29th. On the 20th he spent the night in hospital and they found a small brain bleed and the tumors, but he came home the next day with meds to help the bleeding. On Xmas eve we called medics again as he was extremely dizzy and felt chest pains. Medics checked what they could and all his vitals were good and they determined it was an anxiety attack. hen on the 29th he started having episodes of TIA or more commonly called mini strokes as it mimics stroke symptoms, including speech issues. They took him to the hospital, he was released and had another episode less than 2 hours later... this time they kept him in and had him stay until this past Friday, when he and my mom moved into a facility. He's talking more and more about quitting treatment and about MAID (medical assistance in dying)... so unfortunately I think we're on the home stretch.

During all of this I moved as well, and have been trying to get settled. My anxiety has been f***ing with me because its a new place with new sounds. I also have only had 1 decent sleep n probably 2-3 weeks.
I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through this. Your poor dad.
I know I can't do much to help the situation, but we have a good bunch of people here and I hope you find a bit of fun with us.
I don't want to go into much detail, but I lost my dad in 2016 and the last 5 years was just awful. Now my mom has been in a nursing home for 2 years, and is going through a lot of struggles as well. She'll be 84 in February. I find it extremely tough to watch my loved ones suffer and I am helpless. I hope you find lots of faith, hope and love through those who are closest to you.
Hang in there and all the best.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are going through this. Your poor dad.
I know I can't do much to help the situation, but we have a good bunch of people here and I hope you find a bit of fun with us.
I don't want to go into much detail, but I lost my dad in 2016 and the last 5 years was just awful. Now my mom has been in a nursing home for 2 years, and is going through a lot of struggles as well. She'll be 84 in February. I find it extremely tough to watch my loved ones suffer and I am helpless. I hope you find lots of faith, hope and love through those who are closest to you.
Hang in there and all the best.
Thanks. worse news came back today with his oncology visit. It's in his esophagus (again) too now... and he's too weak for any treatments, they gave him 6 months, but he filled out the MAID paperwork today, so I doubt it is that long because his quality of life is deteriorating quickly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad