Proposal: Jakob chychrun

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
I want to ask coyote fans what it is realistically going to take a team to acquire him.

as a leaf fan I would like to see them make a move for him obviously. Not often a young top 4 dman becomes available at good cap hit.
Doing lots of thinking I could see something like muzzin.
1st in 2023
3rd or 4 th in 2023
And a prospect along the lines of amirov
Ritchie

My thinking with adding muzzin is cychrun will replace him in our lineup and the coyotes can flip him at deadline to a contender for 1st and a prospect/young nhl player.
Ritchie is nothing more then a cap dump. That’s why I added the 3rd or 4th. This allows leafs to add a Rhd at deadline.

so the deal basically would work out to two first and two prospects for cychrun.

Is this a deal that would be close ?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I want to ask coyote fans what it is realistically going to take a team to acquire him.

as a leaf fan I would like to see them make a move for him obviously. Not often a young top 4 dman becomes available at good cap hit.
1st in 2023
3rd or 4 th in 2023
Ritchie

My thinking with adding muzzin is cychrun will replace him in our lineup and the coyotes can flip him at deadline to a contender for 1st and a prospect/young nhl player.
Ritchie is nothing more then a cap dump. That’s why I added the 3rd or 4th. This allows leafs to add a Rhd at deadline.

so the deal basically would work out to two first and two prospects for cychrun.

Flipping Muzzin doesn’t sound like something we would want to go through if we can just get the package we want from a team.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Flipping Muzzin doesn’t sound like something we would want to go through if we can just get the package we want from a team.
I was thinking flipping muzzin gets uou more then what another team would offer. The yotes could even retain on muzzin and get back more of a return

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was thinking flipping muzzin gets uou more then what another team would offer. The yotes could even restrain on muzzin and get back more of a return
Not if we want to flip him this season. 1 slot left. Likely used on Kessel or Chychrun. Adding muzzin complicates things beyond what’s necessary to get an acceptable package.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Not if we want to flip him this season. 1 slot left. Likely used on Kessel or Chychrun. Adding muzzin complicates things beyond what’s necessary to get an acceptable package.
Well you wouldn’t have to retain anything on a cychrun deal regardless of who he goes to the cap he has is already a great cap hit. But I didn’t know there was only one retention available. And I still stand behind my thinking muzzin without retention brings back a first and solid prospect or young nhl player with upside

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
But if it makes it easier the leafs could add a pick to a third team to retain 25% of muzzin cap hit. But that would downgrade the prospect. I was more looking at best way to both help leafs and get yotes maximum package in return

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
A king's ransom as mentioned in this article....
Snapshots: Tim Stuetzle goes into COVID-19 protocol, won't be available for Alberta games | Calgary Herald

A league executive called the asking price for Chychrun “a king’s ransom”, but also noted “there will be somebody who will pay it” because he’s the kind of player who can make an impact. The Coyotes are in the midst of another rebuild and the belief is Chychrun wouldn’t be opposed to a move.

The belief is the Coyotes want a couple of first-round picks and a high-end prospect who can play immediately in return for Chychrun.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

1st in 2023
3rd or 4 th in 2023
Ritchie

No. Not close. Not a good fit and not good value. Pick your favorite defenseman under 23 and your best forward prospect then add your next two 1sts, and a cap dump like Ritchie.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ

1st in 2023
3rd or 4 th in 2023
Ritchie

32 y/o with salary $5.625 mil for 2 and 1/2 more years, player that cleared wavers with salary 1.4 mil ,good prospect with history of injuries and draft picks in 2023 ? I think you need to start with Rasmus Sandin,Matthew Knies and 2022 1st and 2nd picks

Last edited:

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
I think you n
32 y/o with salary $5.625 mil for 2 and 1/2 more years, player that cleared wavers with salary 1.4 mil ,good prospect with history of injuries and draft picks in 2023 ? I think you need to start with Rasmus Sandin,Matthew Knies and 2022 1st and 2nd picks
I explained my reasoning for adding muzzin. As for the first being in 23. I thought that made more sence to Arizona because of fact they have 8 picks already in the first two rounds of 22 draft. If Arizona truly believes they can get more for cychrun then two first and two high end prospects. And make no doubt amirov is a high end prospect and I have no problem switching him out for knies. But I don’t think chychrun will bring more then that. I actually hope I’m wrong because if Arizona doesn’t max out this trade and rebuild properly I don’t see them in the dessert in the near future. Winning brings in money but that is a different topic. My intentions were not to bend over the yotes but to come up with a win win trade

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I explained my reasoning for adding muzzin. As for the first being in 23. I thought that made more sence to Arizona because of fact they have 8 picks already in the first two rounds of 22 draft. If Arizona truly believes they can get more for cychrun then two first and two high end prospects. And make no doubt amirov is a high end prospect and I have no problem switching him out for knies. But I don’t think chychrun will bring more then that. I actually hope I’m wrong because if Arizona doesn’t max out this trade and rebuild properly I don’t see them in the dessert in the near future. Winning brings in money but that is a different topic. My intentions were not to bend over the yotes but to come up with a win win trade
AZ will be ransoming cap space for picks this summer. Eating it up with Muzzin makes little sense when we get multiple picks and prospects to take players like Gostibehere, Ladd, etc. cap space is only going to get more valuable this off season. I mean we may be taking Mrazek off TO’s hands for a substantial number of assets.

Armstrong will get his price or keep Chychrun.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd be happy to keep him but it'll drive me insane if Bill doesn't officially take him off the market. Need this uncertainty resolved.
Honestly i’m enjoying seeing every other market argue with themselves about a possible trade. Top it off with the hilarity of proposals on main board. This is top notch mayhem.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

1st in 2023
3rd or 4 th in 2023
Ritchie

Not close IMO.

Asking price has been widely reported as a top prospect, a young, NHL ready player and a 1st. Adding a cap dump (or 2) would add to the price. And if Muzzin is worth a 1st and a young NHL player Chychrun must be worth waaaaay more than what you are offering.

So,
Sandin - young NHLer now
Knies - top prospect
2023 1st - 1st rounder

Reactions: Nowotny and hbk

rt

May 13, 2004
Not close IMO.

Asking price has been widely reported as a top prospect, a young, NHL ready player and a 1st. Adding a cap dump (or 2) would add to the price. And if Muzzin is worth a 1st and a young NHL player Chychrun must be worth waaaaay more than what you are offering.

So,
Sandin - young NHLer now
Knies - top prospect
2023 1st - 1st rounder
Not enough. Replace that pick with ‘22 1st and ‘23 2nd. Even then, I don’t think anywhere nearly as highly of Sandin as I do about at least 80% of the other prospects offered by opposing fans as centerpieces. I would decline the offer even as I’ve altered it.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

1st in 2023
3rd or 4 th in 2023
Ritchie

To answer your question… no. Not close.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
The Coyotes have no actual need to trade Chychrun since he hasn't requested a trade as of yet and he's young enough to be around when the rebuild ends, so there's no need for them to accept a win-win trade for both teams. If GMBA does his job then the Coyotes should 100% win the trade or he doesn't get traded.

This trade ain't it.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not enough. Replace that pick with ‘22 1st and ‘23 2nd. Even then, I don’t think anywhere nearly as highly of Sandin as I do about at least 80% of the other prospects offered by opposing fans as centerpieces. I would decline the offer even as I’ve altered it.
I would be dissapointed if that was the trade. I was just trying to equate the supposed ask with stuff from the Leafs.

I do place an inoridante amount of weight on getting Arizona native Knies though.

rt

May 13, 2004
I would be dissapointed if that was the trade. I was just trying to equate the supposed ask with stuff from the Leafs.

I do place an inoridante amount of weight on getting Arizona native Knies though.
I do too. Enough to count him as a 1st. But barely. And Sandin is barely, too. And their 1st is barely. I think a real offer is something like Clarke, Vilardi, and a 1st. Or Clarke, Bjornfot and a 1st. To me, that’s the type of offer that you can actually begin to argue is potentially really worth it. And it absolutely blows anything the Leafs could offer as a three piece, right out do the water.

Reactions: Nowotny

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I do too. Enough to count him as a 1st. But barely. And Sandin is barely, too. And their 1st is barely. I think a real offer is something like Clarke, Vilardi, and a 1st. Or Clarke, Bjornfot and a 1st. To me, that’s the type of offer that you can actually begin to argue is potentially really worth it. And it absolutely blows anything the Leafs could offer as a three piece, right out do the water.
Clarke is an 8th overall pick from last summer. So yes, he is one of the better young prospects in the league AND an obvious target if the Kings are trying to acquire Chychrun.

The Hockey Writers top 100 prospects have Clarke rated 13th overall:

13: Brandt Clarke, Los Angeles Kings

Brandt Clarke boasts some of the best offensive smarts and decision-making with the puck as a defenseman in his draft class. Selected eighth overall in 2021, Clarke can take control of a shift or lead a rush chance whenever he’s on the ice with his skating and speed. He won a gold medal for Canada at the World U18 Championship recording seven points in seven games. He picked up where he left off as he’s the second most productive defenseman in the OHL with 28 points in 23 games. – PB

Interesting that Turcotte is rated 9th, ahead of Mctavish.

Braedan Schneider of the Rangers is 42nd.

article

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Clarke is an 8th overall pick from last summer. So yes, he is one of the better young prospects in the league AND an obvious target if the Kings are trying to acquire Chychrun.

The Hockey Writers top 100 prospects have Clarke rated 13th overall:

13: Brandt Clarke, Los Angeles Kings

Brandt Clarke boasts some of the best offensive smarts and decision-making with the puck as a defenseman in his draft class. Selected eighth overall in 2021, Clarke can take control of a shift or lead a rush chance whenever he’s on the ice with his skating and speed. He won a gold medal for Canada at the World U18 Championship recording seven points in seven games. He picked up where he left off as he’s the second most productive defenseman in the OHL with 28 points in 23 games. – PB

Interesting that Turcotte is rated 9th, ahead of Mctavish.

Braedan Schneider of the Rangers is 42nd.

article
I’d have McTavish top 5 there and I wouldn’t have Turcotte in the top 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad