OT: Jakob Chychrun nominated for Masterson Trophy

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Chychrun Nominated for Masterton Trophy

The Professional Hockey Writers Association nominates one player from each NHL team each year for the annual award that is given "to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey."
Chychrun, 19, suffered a major knee injury while training in the off-season and was expected to miss most of this season after surgery. He worked hard to rehab his injury and returned to the lineup on Dec. 3, missing just 29 games. To punctuate his remarkable recovery, Chychrun scored a goal in his first game of the season vs. the Vegas Golden Knights.
Chychrun has played in all but one game since returning, and has notched three goals and 10 assists in 46 games, with six games to play. He skates 20:26 per game, and averages 1.5 hits per game and 1.5 blocks per game.
Coyotes Head Coach Rick Tocchet marveled at how quickly Chychrun recovered from his injury.
"I've got to give the guy credit," Tocchet said in October, after watching Chychrun skate for the first time since his surgery. "When you talk about a commitment level, Jakob Chychrun's got it. He's got that commitment level, that accountability. I love that stuff. That sort of commitment is incredible."

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I figured it would either be him or Richardson. Congrats to him. He was excellent this year after recovering from the injury.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Awesome for him. He's an absolute beast! Definitely impressed me to be able to make it back so quickly and actually contribute to the team. So glad we got him in that draft!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad