Player Discussion Jake Virtanen (MOD WARNING POST 755)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The current status of Virtanen is just another 'feather in the cap' of perhaps the worst GM in Canuck history.

Coming off an 18-goal season and a decent run of games in the playoffs, Virtanen had some currency this off-season. But could Jimbo find a way to maximize it in the trade market? Fat chance. As of today, you'd be lucky to get a fourth or fifth rounder for him.

How does Jimbo do it?....consistently turning assets into piles of steaming rubbish. It gets mind-numbing after awhile.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The current status of Virtanen is just another 'feather in the cap' of perhaps the worst GM in Canuck history.

Coming off an 18-goal season and a decent run of games in the playoffs, Virtanen had some currency this off-season. But could Jimbo find a way to maximize it in the trade market? Fat chance. As of today, you'd be lucky to get a fourth or fifth rounder for him.

How does Jimbo do it?....consistently turning assets into piles of steaming rubbish. It gets mind-numbing after awhile.
Analyzing the upper management handling of increasing the Canucks' roster value:

If there is a way to decrease value, they will find it. If there is a moment to increase value, they will miss it. Jimbo follows the engineer formula for success: It's a 50/50 chance and whatever you pick, you will fail.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
It is easy to blame Virtanen for all that is wrong with the Team, so I choose to blame Virtanen because, well, it's easy.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Langley for Abbotsford

Is he a kid with one good season (with Boston, wink wink, nudge nudge) then sucked rest of the way? If so he'd be the ideal trading target in the eyes of Benning.

If the trade goes, I'm almost 100% sure that our Jimmy will throw in an extra draft pick just because he can.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
He should be moved for a pick. No future salary commitments.

If Benning is allowed to make this move i fear I read the room wrong. Aqua might actually believe in him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He should be moved for a pick. No future salary commitments.

If Benning is allowed to make this move i fear I read the room wrong. Aqua might actually believe in him.
IF Jake is moved for a pick and a coming UFA (or RFA; just so long as no salary next year) then I’m okay with that. But if it’s a sideways move, what’s the point?

Reactions: 420Canuck

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Is he a kid with one good season (with Boston, wink wink, nudge nudge) then sucked rest of the way? If so he'd be the ideal trading target in the eyes of Benning.

If the trade goes, I'm almost 100% sure that our Jimmy will throw in an extra draft pick just because he can.

Ducks fans saying the same thing too that their Bobby will throw in extras. It's anyone's game.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Ducks fans saying the same thing too that their Bobby will throw in extras. It's anyone's game.

hahaha it would a hilarious negotiation to say the least.

Benning: I'll give you JV and a 5th round pick.

Murray: No, you'll give me JV and I'll give you Heinen and a 4th round pick.

Benning: No deal. How about I give you JV and a 3rd round pick.

Murray: Let's no play any games here OK? We're both adults. I'll give you Heinen and a 3rd round pick.

Benning: I'm being serious. JV and a 2nd round pick, final offer.

Murray: No, that's ridiculous.

Benning: Fine, no deal then.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
650 reporting both players are saying they are hearing about being traded. Or I think that’s the update I just heard?
That would be a depressingly pointless deal. Only good thing about it is that Heinen's deal ends this year. And it would require Anaheim to take back or retain salary to make the cap work.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That would be a depressingly pointless deal. Only good thing about it is that Heinen's deal ends this year. And it would require Anaheim to take back or retain salary to make the cap work.
IM worried Benning adds a pick to Jake to cover JAkes contract for next year.

Reactions: supercanuck

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Both teams are at the cap dipping into LTIR.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Sounds like one of Jim's patented "hockey trades",which always work out so well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad