Player Discussion Jake Virtanen (MOD WARNING POST 755)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
turns out there is a big step between junior hockey and the f***ing NHL whoda thunk it
Was it Jakes first year he destroyed a Leaf player, but got a penalty, and Willie D chastised him publicly? Jake was physical when he was first in the bigs, but it’s like that part of his game was coached out of him.

Reactions: iFan

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Imo Jake lacks character. He’s soft, and plays fearful of contact. He doesn’t like to get his nose dirty. Off the ice he doesn’t commit to the sacrifices needed to be a pro.
He appears to be a really good person, but he’s just not nearly tough enough (physically and mentally) to be a successful NHL player, regardless of all his natural gifts.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Sure, but still doesn’t make any sense to me that he went from a Tom Wilson to a Brandon Sutter and completely removed one of the core traits that made him such a high pick.

It's a lot less fun bullying around the rink when everyone is as strong as you are.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He's done here. Traded by the end of this year.

...I literally say at the end of each of the past few years.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I also believe this
Agreed
upload_2021-2-9_14-1-17.png

Bad season is UNDER whelming career

Reactions: Luckylarry and WTG

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Virtanen needs a change, he has no chance here especially given the fan base is already turning on Pettersson and Hughes! Next year I’m guessing many of the posters on here will be selling off Pettersson and Hughes. Part of Vancouver’s issue is coaching, part is the GM, part is the owners and part of our issues is the fans...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He's done here. Traded by the end of this year.

...I literally say at the end of each of the past few years.
Sure, trade the guy if you want. The problem is the guy doing the trading.

I see another Brandon Prust trade.....Zack Kassian and a fifth rounder to Montreal for a guy like Prust who was basically done and complained all the way out of town.

There's not a chance in the world Benning will ever get value back in a trade for Virtanen or anyone else. He's just not competent enough.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He can lay people out but he cannot put his head down and dig for pucks successfully. His endurance sucks too, but yea he has a good burst of speed early in his shift. Love his playing style but it is more flash than substance.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Virtanen needs a change, he has no chance here especially given the fan base is already turning on Pettersson and Hughes! Next year I’m guessing many of the posters on here will be selling off Pettersson and Hughes. Part of Vancouver’s issue is coaching, part is the GM, part is the owners and part of our issues is the fans...
Jake is underwhelming to put it mildly. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad