qlRIP1n.png

Owen Power
6'5, 215LBs
Eligible for 2021 Draft, likely top 3.
SwxiKvO.png

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
2021 draft is going to end up like 2017, and people will be shocked.

This draft is way too underestimated if the favorite to go 1OA loses a poll to a 5OA, one that many thought was over-drafted.

would you have all of Laf stutz byfield and Raymond ahead of power?

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Went with Sandersson, i feel like he would’ve been atleast a certain top 3 pick in this upcoming Draft, if not 1st.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I still have Erik Johnson flashbacks preventing me from getting on the Owen Power at 1OA band-wagon...but if the Sens could roll out Power, Sanderson, Chabot for 22 minutes each, that goes a long way towards stabilizing the rest of the team.

Reactions: NyQuil

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still have Erik Johnson flashbacks preventing me from getting on the Owen Power at 1OA band-wagon...but if the Sens could roll out Power, Sanderson, Chabot for 22 minutes each, that goes a long way towards stabilizing the rest of the team.

Power is two inches taller than Johnson. Would you compare Parayko to Johnson?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Johnson was a legit #1 in his prime, you could do a lot worse than Johnson. Also who knows what his peak could've been without those injuries.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Pre draft Power goes ahead Raymond and maybe Stutzle. The 2020 draft was good because it had so much depth but it lacked elite talent.

Stützle is ahead of power easily in popular opinion right now pretty sure it won’t be much different around scouts

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Power is two inches taller than Johnson. Would you compare Parayko to Johnson?
Johnson was 6'4" 220. Power is 6'5" 215. Righty vs. lefty. Not necessarily comparing their games, just pedigree and measurables which are easy to fall in love with. After hearing how EJ was the best defensive prospect to come along since Pronger, the hype was impossible to live up to. The tools were there, the toolbox not as much. Huge risk for taking a D-man at #1. Parayko became what we had always hoped EJ would be; so those two are comparable, yes.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Stützle is ahead of power easily in popular opinion right now pretty sure it won’t be much different around scouts
We're talking strictly pre-draft. I think if you thought Stutzle wouldn't be a center. I could see teams picking Power imo

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sanderson is better skater and better defensively of the two. Not as skilled or poised with the puck as Power but he did out-produce him in the same development year without playing on the #1 PP for North Dakota, so that's got to count for something.

I wouldn't trade him for Power if given the opportunity, but it's certainly possible Power could end up the better player.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
2021 draft is going to end up like 2017, and people will be shocked.

This draft is way too underestimated if the favorite to go 1OA loses a poll to a 5OA, one that many thought was over-drafted.

I think there's a lot of people who don't think Power should be going that high. This isn't a normal year where everyone or almost everyone agrees on who should go 1OA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Johnson was 6'4" 220. Power is 6'5" 215. Righty vs. lefty. Not necessarily comparing their games, just pedigree and measurables which are easy to fall in love with. After hearing how EJ was the best defensive prospect to come along since Pronger, the hype was impossible to live up to. The tools were there, the toolbox not as much. Huge risk for taking a D-man at #1. Parayko became what we had always hoped EJ would be; so those two are comparable, yes.

I don't know where you're getting that 6'5 listing for Power, but I saw him listed at 6'6 last season. Measurements can become inflated, but I don't think a season later where a player could've also grown that calling him 6'6 is likely wrong.

I think the Power comp is more like Hedman's or Parayako's that are huge and can skate as the base of their game as opposed to stout two-way defensemen like EJ or Ekblad. I think Power's game is a lot more about potential and what his skillset could amount to at 24 or 25 as opposed to being a guy whose currently a dominant two way player.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Power was better when both played in the USHL and has a way higher offensive ceiling. No NHL team is taking Sanderson over him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad