Jake out for 4-6 months. Oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
did he shove him?

I thought he did but I was wrong all he did was put his stick into Jake's right ankle. At the least he could have swung his stick away he just kept it sticking out there right in front of Jake's legs down low. Jake was off balance but he didnt completely lose it until Chabots stick hit his ankle so still upstanding play from Chabot there

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
A little dude with the heart of a lion playing a big mans game, all the while making very big men in the game very salty.

It was destined to happen.

Can't say Chabot intentionally hurt Jake, but it was completely wreckless. He saw Jake was watching the puck and skated super wide with skates apart in a freakish manner directly into Jake's path. Ottawa played in that manner all night, you knew or could feel from the drop of the puck someone was getting injured.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Injured scoring a goal... at least he went out in a blaze of glory

2019 can eat a **** .... screw this year... i always joke about the injury jinx but this year its real... a series of totally flukey injuries...

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
f*** this. They need to turn the next Sens game into a gong show. Go after Chabot every time they have a chance. The Sens were reckless all night and the refs didn’t help...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That’s gonna sting. We’ll see how far this “lose a player, replace a player” mentality can stretch.

giphy.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This season is basically a write off. So many injuries that you can't judge
We won a Cup w/o Letang when Letang was damn near irreplaceable on every single level. We can make this happen. It won't be easy and we are going to need a lot of luck. Part of that luck is Jake healing fast and pulling a GWG in the Cup Finals for good measure.

Let's go. We've seen darker days. Let's go.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
What a complete kick in the balls. We will never see this team fully healthy stocked with all of its stars.

Here is to hoping the Pens get to round 2 and Jake can play. The scary thing for me is there is a long line of really productive players and shoulder injuries are where their career turned and they became players that were not as productive. I hope he can come back and be the same old Jake - preferably in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
We won a Cup w/o Letang when Letang was damn near irreplaceable on every single level. We can make this happen. It won't be easy and we are going to need a lot of luck. Part of that luck is Jake healing fast and pulling a GWG in the Cup Finals for good measure.

Let's go. We've seen darker days. Let's go.

Bingo. One door closes then another opens.

Alex Galchenyuk - now is your time.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I remember Patrick Kane in 2015 going down. Estimated 12 weeks. Would miss the playoffs. Blackhawks went on a spending spree at the deadline without Kane's cap hit. Then Kane made a miraculous recovery for the playoff's game 1... where there is no cap. 12 weeks turned into 3 real fast. They won the cup that year with a team that was 10 million over the cap.

Get better, Jake.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I remember Patrick Kane in 2015 going down. Estimated 12 weeks. Would miss the playoffs. Blackhawks went on a spending spree at the deadline without Kane's cap hit. Then Kane made a miraculous recovery for the playoff's game 1... where there is no cap. 12 weeks turned into 3 real fast. They won the cup that year with a team that was 10 million over the cap.

Get better, Jake.

That is the "positive." The Pens have an insane amount of cap space now.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
*stands meekly in the corner and sings some indie rock*

This plane is definitely crashing
This boat is obviously sinking
This building's totally burning down
And my, and my (a whole bunch)
And my heart has slowly dried up

Meekly screaming Modest Mouse in the corner. what a juxtaposition. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad