Jake Muzzin vs Jake Gardiner

Who’s the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
very similar imo, Muzzin I'm sure is widely perceived as better but I think that will balance out as he gets more time under the TML magnifying glass. Both are high event players who make glaring mistakes but contribute a lot more positive than negative.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I would rather have last seasons' version of Jake Gardiner than any version of Jake Muzzin, so call me crazy but I prefer Gardiner more.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Leafs were much better off before Muzzin showed up than they were after Gardiner went down. I know that other factors (Dermott, PDO) play into that and it doesn’t tell the full story but it’s something you have to take into account.

Gardiner is also just better so that’s another reason to pick him.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I would rather have last seasons' version of Jake Gardiner than any version of Jake Muzzin, so call me crazy but I prefer Gardiner more.

Problem is you can't have the old version of Gardiner. He's going to be 29 next season and has nagging back issues. He'll probably never be the player he used to be, as his age and health betray him.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Gards is better.

Clearly injured right now, but in general a better player. Not by much though, Muzzin is probably the same tier.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Muzzin is more consistent and is clearly the better player right now. I feel like Gardiner had a better peak and could easily pass him again as early as next season though. He’s being nagged by injuries and missing a few steps right now.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Gardiner is the much better offensive dman, Muzzin is way better defensively.

Leafs need Muzzin a lot more than they need Gardiner, so Muzzin.

Reactions: zaqq

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Andrew Berkshire did a nice write up of Gardiners impact here in this article What if the Maple Leafs didn't have Jake Gardiner? - Sportsnet.ca
He also did a small write up on Muzzins impact in his top 40 defensemen write up Definitive ranking of NHL’s top 40 defencemen over three seasons: 40-21 - Sportsnet.ca
Gardiner-Percentiles-2.png
Muzzin.png

I take Muzzin personally

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Andrew Berkshire did a nice write up of Gardiners impact here in this article What if the Maple Leafs didn't have Jake Gardiner? - Sportsnet.ca
He also did a small write up on Muzzins impact in his top 40 defensemen write up Definitive ranking of NHL’s top 40 defencemen over three seasons: 40-21 - Sportsnet.ca
View attachment 219543 View attachment 219545

I take Muzzin personally
gardiner having a beastly 18-19 tho jerkshires graph doesnt go that recent

i think 17-18 was a fluke down year for him in the same way 16-17 was for muzzin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad