Injury Report: Jake Muzzin - broken foot || UPD 01/23 : Conditioning stint with Marlies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
They might be better long term but not right now, not this year

Who's available that's legitimately better than them for cheap? Just to save us some time, I'm not accepting "experience" as the thing that makes some #6/7 journeyman D better than Liljgren right now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We don't have a cushion. Montreal has games in hand which adds uncertainty. Tampa has a team that can go on a run at any time. We are not ahead of the wild card teams.

Where is this cushion? Being ahead of the habs by a win or two is hardly a cushion

I think when there is 4-6 point gap between 2nd-6th that counts as a coushion, there is no way Toronto can lose home ice tonight, therefore they have a coushion.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What do you mean we don't have a playoff spot cushion? 4 points up on Montreal, 5 up on Florida, 5 up on Buffalo. and 6 up on Tampa, they absolutely have a cushion

I think when there is 4-6 point gap between 2nd-6th that counts as a coushion, there is no way Toronto can lose home ice tonight, therefore they have a coushion.

You need to look at the number of games played.

A 4-6 point gap (6 actually, you're welcome) means that teams are tightly packed, not that there's a cushion.

If you want to call this gap a cushion, hey be my guest. If you were to sit on a cushion that thin though rest assured that you'd be quite uncomfortable.

Anyhow, injuries are part of the game and if it's only a couple of weeks it's really not that big a deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Who's available that's legitimately better than them for cheap? Just to save us some time, I'm not accepting "experience" as the thing that makes some #6/7 journeyman D better than Liljgren right now.

I am not talking about a #6-7 guy I'm talking about a #3-5

For example an Adam Larsson not only could he help this year but he can fill a top 4 role next year.

It all depends on which teams struggle over the next bit we don't have the full market yet

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Deflating.

What is up with our injury luck? Rielly also looks like hes going to go down any game nowl

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You need to look at the number of games played.

A 4-6 point gap (6 actually, you're welcome) means that teams are tightly packed, not that there's a cushion.

If you want to call this gap a cushion, hey be my guest. If you were to sit on a cushion that thin though rest assured that you'd be quite uncomfortable.

Anyhow, injuries are part of the game and if it's only a couple of weeks it's really not that big a deal.

I said 4-6 because it's 4 up on Montreal, 5 up on Buffalo, 5 up on Florida 6 up on Tampa

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah but I mean we only just creeped back into the playoffs and all of a sudden we have a cushion? lol

One bad week and we're back out. Last season was a cushion. We could lose 4 in a row and still yawn our way in third place.
What I mean is that not all teams behind the Leafs can win. For example, in the next 4 games, Tampa plays the Habs twice, and the Sabres. The Habs play the Lightning twice (obviously....lol), and the Panthers in their next 4 games. The Panthers play the Habs and Sabres in their next 5 games, with a back to back starting tonight. Buffalo plays the Panthers and Lightning in their next 4 games.

So no matter what, some teams will be losing ground, along with games in hand. That provides a bit of a cushion. But maybe cushion isn't the right word....?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
What I mean is that not all teams behind the Leafs can win. For example, in the next 4 games, Tampa plays the Habs twice, and the Sabres. The Habs play the Lightning twice (obviously....lol), and the Panthers in their next 4 games. The Panthers play the Habs and Sabres in their next 5 games, with a back to back starting tonight. Buffalo plays the Panthers and Lightning in their next 4 games

So no matter what, someone will be losing ground, along with games in hand. That's a cushion.
That's true, I see what you're saying. That is a cushion.

Just remember we're in a jake muzzin broken foot thread though and mik just got smacked with a harsh injury. If it is a cushion, it's not an ideal one given we only just recovered from babcock wanting a lottery pick.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
That's true, I see what you're saying. That is a cushion.

Just remember we're in a jake muzzin broken foot thread though and mik just got smacked with a harsh injury. If it is a cushion, it's not an ideal one given we only just recovered from babcock wanting a lottery pick.
It's definitely not ideal. Better than before, yes.

I hate to call tonight a pivotal game, but looking at the schedule I posted, it really is. The Leafs can put more ground between themselves and some of their pursuers with a W.

Reactions: Havoc

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We’re gonna go the entire season without a healthy roster. Unreal.
Hockey is a rough sport, played with a hard rubber puck, and, hockey sticks that can be used as a weapon.

One must expect injuries!

Now, our Leafs have had their fair share this season aleady. Enough is enough!

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Coming off a broken foot it much worse than playing a few too many minutes.

He looked bad before the broken foot, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the minutes have contributed to more bumps and bruises than just the broken foot we know about. Sucks about the foot but the rest and recovery will hopefully make him look like himself again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad