HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
this is an awesome poll tbh. all 3 guys are great

I'd rank them
1. Domi
2. Guentzel
3. TT

But I mean the order could be completely different, they're all getting better and who knows

Reactions: madinsomniac

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I think Domi is the best. He has potential to be Marchand lite type of player in my opinion. Teuvo is great and his production have been up since he got moved away from Aho and got own line to lead. Aho is the guy who is struggling right now. Guentzel is absolute gem and is amazing at playoffs.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
I think Domi is the best. He has potential to be Marchand lite type of player in my opinion. Teuvo is great and his production have been up since he got moved away from Aho and got own line to lead. Aho is the guy who is struggling right now. Guentzel is absolute gem and is amazing at playoffs.

Uh what?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Guenztel is quite clearly ahead and the other 2 are a toss up depending on what you need. TT can inject skill into your top 6, Max is a bit more feisty while also being versatile to play C.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Guentzel first for sure.

Domi/TT toss up for 2nd.

Guenztel is quite clearly ahead and the other 2 are a toss up depending on what you need. TT can inject skill into your top 6, Max is a bit more feisty while also being versatile to play C.

How on earth is the player with 71 points in 80 games centering his own line with Shaw and Lekhonen worse than the player with 73 points in 80 games playing next to Crosby?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think the guy putting up 71 on the ****ing Canadiens is better than the guy putting up 73 points playing with Crosby. Just a hunch.

I don't know. I think you're selling the player who's over a PPG in the playoffs-- and a PPG at even strength-- a little short.

Reactions: Trade

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I don't know. I think you're selling the player who's over a PPG in the playoffs-- and a PPG at even strength-- a little short.
The Habs haven’t had a 70 point scorer since 2010. The fact that Domi is putting up 70+ on MTL is ridiculous. We’re not an offensive team. We never have been and we never will be. If Domi was put on Pittsburgh, he would be producing equally if not better than Guentzel. Domi is the best forward on the Habs. He carries the offense. In Pittsburgh, you have Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel to carry the load. It’s easier to produce when you’re not relied upon to do the heavy lifting. Put Guentzel in Domi’s position and see if he does as well. It’s also not fair to bring up the playoffs because Domi had been toiling away on a lottery team in Arizona.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Guentzel is the right answer. There are dozens of players who have failed while playing with Crosby. Guentzel has much better hockey sense than the other two which allows him to thrive playing with Crosby. Guentzel is doing it with very little power play time (almost none with Crosby).

That is before the playoffs start which is where Guentzel shines.

Reactions: Trade

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Voted Guentzel THEN did some research and Domi is way better then I thought (stats wise) and can see where he gets some votes.

The seperator for me and this isn't really a knock on Domi or TT, but Guentzel has the playoff resume. 37 games, 23 goals 19 assists. Compare that to someone like Marchand, who has 21 goals in 84 games. It may be just a statistical anomoly, but I also just can't discount it and say it doesn't matter.

Reactions: KIRK

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
If you are comparing two players with 73 points (Guentzel vs TT) willing to bank on the player who can do it without Sid as being the better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad