Jake Guentzel Appreciation Thread

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Best winger of the Crosby era. Best draft pick of the Crosby era.

Favourite memory was when I was at a Pens vs Jets game with my friend, telling him how much Kunitz sucks compared to this new kid Guentzel and how he should be playing with Sid. He gets put on that line minutes later with Sid and Sheary and scores.

Biggest goal is the Nashville tie breaker when it looked like the Pens were suddenly dead in game 1.

Last edited:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’ve got his autographed jersey hanging in my house. Loved the guy and wish things were different. Absolutely best wing sid has had.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
One my favorite players. He’ll be missed since we can’t score goals lol

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Bunting sucks so much. It says a lot to lead a good CAR team with minus 15. Get ready. Looks like Jake is coming down to me in Raleigh. I'm excited to see him play with Aho.

Jake was always such an over achiever and the definition of skill > athletic ability. He was basically me if I had Mario's goal scoring skill.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Jake’s IQ is his best stat, but he plays a hell of a lot harder than he’s built for. Scored some big goals and his playoff run in 2017 was amazing.

Was a pleasure watching him on this team. Thank you for your service, Jake the Snake

Bunting sucks so much. It says a lot to lead a good CAR team with minus 15. Get ready. Looks like Jake is coming down to me in Raleigh. I'm excited to see him play with Aho.

Jake was always such an over achiever and the definition of skill > athletic ability. He was basically me if I had Mario's goal scoring skill.
I’m an Aho fanboy so I too look forward to this

Reactions: td_ice and Andy99

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The Jake Sheary Crosby line sure scored some pretty goals. Jake had a nice run with the Pens and was a big part of the 2017 run. I hope he continues at a high level for several more years.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
QCUfqYi.gif

He was born where I was, so that was cool to have him be a star winger on the Pens.

Sucks to lose your top wing and one of only two that can actually score. Not sure what he wanted that the Pens couldn't give him, but they won't get anyone out there to replace his production, it's the first real domino in the end of the era.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Actually Marian Hossa is the best winger Crosby’s ever had.
Best winger Sid has had is Hossa.
Guentzel's best center was Malkin.

Facts are facts.

It's the busines of hawkey, hope Jake has success wherever he ends up and may he never suffer playing for a coach like Sullivan ever again and his new gloves break in fast and blokes on the team set him at great restaurants and make fast friends.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Gonna be a real struggle to watch this team try to score goals next year. Somehow worse than this year, if that's possible. Might take a break from the team.

Reactions: Turin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Gonna be a real struggle to watch this team try to score goals next year. Somehow worse than this year, if that's possible. Might take a break from the team.
Caps had the equivalent of an entire 2nd line out and jobbed the Pens missing 2 wingers. The dark times under Sullivan is just draining. At least players that are moved will get a chance to play for a better coach sooner than some.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00