Jake Gardiner: Back in the Doghouse?

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=137404

According to Darren Dreger:

- The Toronto Maple Leafs would expect a top 6 forward in return for Jake Gardiner

- The Carolina Hurricanes, Calgary Flames, and New York Islanders are all interested in acquiring Jake Gardiner from the Toronto Maple Leafs

- Toronto Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis would only consider trading Jake Gardiner if the club receives the right top 6 forward in return as part of a package

Prefer the Western Conference.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
For lindholm, I would definitely trade gardiner. For skinner... Yes.
Nelson. Idk havent watched him. Same with strome, I want to see these guys in the pros
Calgary: monahan only or maybe their first round pick this year and then draft drasaitl.
Basically anyone who is worth a 40-50pt #2 defenseman which I think is what gardiner will be.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
For lindholm, I would definitely trade gardiner. For skinner... Yes.
Nelson. Idk havent watched him. Same with strome, I want to see these guys in the pros
Calgary: monahan only or maybe their first round pick this year and then draft drasaitl.
Basically anyone who is worth a 40-50pt #2 defenseman which I think is what gardiner will be.

i think you need to temper your expectations a little bit there. gardiner is not getting any of those players/prospects unless the leafs add.....heavily.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
For some reason, I'm reminded of the last time the Leafs traded away a young defenceman with similar skills. Anyone remember when we traded Kenny Jonsson and threw in a 1st round pick (Luongo) to re-acquire Wendel Clark.

Perhaps we'll offer up Gardner and a 1st to get Jason Blake back.

:D

I remember when the Leafs traded a young Luke Schenn, that turned out pretty good.

Do you think if Leafs waited another year, they would have still gotten JVR for Schenn?

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
i think you need to temper your expectations a little bit there. gardiner is not getting any of those players/prospects unless the leafs add.....heavily.

If it were up to me I wouldnt trade him. And as for those guys, I didnt mean a one to one trade but Im not really interested in much else. Getting another 2C or winger doesnt really help us much in the long run. I would rather stick with Gardiner and wait until his value rises. Even if it means we stick with him for a year. Anything else and its just a desperation trade/ bad asset management.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario

then the leafs dont trade? easily..... if it isn't an overpayment or a player with same attributes as gardiner then why dont we let thing be and let him grow with the team?

last couple games ive been impressed with gardiner dont know why so many people have been sitting on him lately.. id trade him for a top 6 c in the same age range but i dont want to trade him for peanuts just so we can say we made a trade.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
If it were up to me I wouldnt trade him. And as for those guys, I didnt mean a one to one trade but Im not really interested in much else. Getting another 2C or winger doesnt really help us much in the long run. I would rather stick with Gardiner and wait until his value rises. Even if it means we stick with him for a year. Anything else and its just a desperation trade/ bad asset management.

Unfortunately this F.O. seems capable of doing just that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad