Value of: Jake Dotchin

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He'll be available in the offseason, I'm sure. Yzerman will probably pry a 2nd out of Benning for him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
A lot depends on what our plans are next season. Barring a catastrophic development (or Coop being Coop) I don’t see any way Dotchin starts for us, but depending on what we do with Coburn and Koekkoek it is possible we might keep him around for another year as a cheap 7D with some NHL experience who we don’t mind leaving to rot in the press box until he’s needed.

Assuming we don’t want to keep him for that purpose I’d probably try to get a 2nd for him. Despite his struggles this season he is an NHL caliber player who would be best served playing opposite a solid veteran on the third pairing. The problem is we threw him on the top pairing with Hedman and it worked for a while, but when he regressed this season we didn’t have a reliable 3LD to pair him with because Coburn chose the same moment to fall off a cliff. So I’d aim for a second but ultimately take the best offer available.

member 147413

Would give a 3rd for him just to bury him in the ECHL until we lose his rights.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I’d take him for a 3rd in Toronto , would look good next to Dermott on the 3rd Pair

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
NO VALUE and he is NOT GOOD. Some team will get swindled if they take him for a payment of anything about a found round pick. He is Lightened Up by playing with All Star Hedman so I would not even do it If I were You.

Reactions: travis scott

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He got really hyped last year when he was the only guy who, for whatever reason, Hedman looked good with.

I doubt he'd cost a whole lot. By the end of this year he was back to being a fringe NHLer.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Other than his reckless play, he really doesn't bring much outside of his one flash-in-the-pan season.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
NO VALUE and he is NOT GOOD. Some team will get swindled if they take him for a payment of anything about a found round pick. He is Lightened Up by playing with All Star Hedman so I would not even do it If I were You.
I was interested in him but now I'm not because of this good informative post from a genius. Well done sir.

Reactions: HockeyAnalystGenius

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He’s a decent #7. Nothing special. Has a bit of potential which he showed off last season but meh. I’d take a draft pick for him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I could see him added to a deal with one of our forwards for a top 4 RD in the summer. A Johnson/Miller/Killorn/Palat + Dotchin type deal so the other team is more willing to move a RD as they get back a serviceable guy back in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad