Value of: Jake DeBrusk

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
DeBrusk isn't a bad player, he's a good complimentary player on a good team. He's somewhat similar to a Saad, a shoot first type player that isn't going to provide many assists, and goal numbers will be pretty dependent on his linemates. If he drops to a 3rd line, it's not like he's going to boost the players around him, but he'll still be a quality player there. Put him on the top line, and he'll produce more, even some really good numbers, but it's not like he's the driver on the line.

He's also always been a pretty streaky player. Like this season 8 of his goals came in a 13 game stretch, 12 points in that same stretch. Which to me has felt like why the relationship between him and the Bruins has always been one foot out the door. He's a good enough player that you don't want to just dump, but someone they probably felt like they would want to upgrade. And now they are at the point where if they want to make that upgrade, he's the one that has to go to make the cap work.

If Blues trade Buchnevich, I imagine someone like DeBrusk would be an option as a replacement.

I think prime Saad is a fine comparison in style, but DeBrusk has had higher highs more often. Saad never had a year like DeBrusk’s mess of a COVID year, but with Saad I don’t think folks were up in arms when he paced for 20 goals like DeBrusk is this year, either.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think prime Saad is a fine comparison in style, but DeBrusk has had higher highs more often. Saad never had a year like DeBrusk’s mess of a COVID year, but with Saad I don’t think folks were up in arms when he paced for 20 goals like DeBrusk is this year, either.
I don't disagree, I was just trying to pick a player that you can generally plug into any situation, is streaky production wise, and is more of a shooter/scorer than a playmaker. Saad has had more consistency, and DeBrusk has had higher peaks, and their career numbers have been pretty similar when just looking at goals/game and points/game.

Reactions: wintersej

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
This wasn't what was said by the insider, only that Calgary has shown interest.

Yeah I get that and I could see Calgary taking him back in a Hanifin deal to retain and flip him. That reply chain leads back to a guy saying he could see Hanifin and Debrusk getting swapped and extended

Reactions: Absurdity

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Yeah I get that and I could see Calgary taking him back in a Hanifin deal to retain and flip him. That reply chain leads back to a guy saying he could see Hanifin and Debrusk getting swapped and extended

I would absolutely be on board with a debrusk base in the hanafin deal. I'm out on half of the bruins defensive core ( Forbert is a traffic cone, Carlo is as soft as dog poop, and Gryzlyck, well I've never liked his game from the start). Even Lindholm has been sub par this year defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad