Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk Requests Trade II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I hope this is resolved quickly. Like by end of the week. I know it probably won't be, but this is an unneeded distraction for this group.

Secondly, I hope we get a roster player in return. Some new blood would do this team well. Hopefully someone similar to Jake, a struggling player with potential that could play with Hall.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope this is resolved quickly. Like by end of the week. I know it probably won't be, but this is an unneeded distraction for this group.

Secondly, I hope we get a roster player in return. Some new blood would do this team well. Hopefully someone similar to Jake, a struggling player with potential that could play with Hall.
better happen quickly after Jake put forth such an inspired effort like last night`s 1 SOG and 1 Hit :sarcasm:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
@ The National shared this tweet in the 1st Debrusk asks to be traded thread. Just thought it should be in this one as well and the next 3 or 4 to follow.

I wonder if the Blues do have a lot of interest or Armstrong is doing Sweeney some good here as they are apparently good friends and Army owes Donny one for taking Binnington and putting him on the baby Bruins in 2019 when Army was looking for him to have a place to play and of course the Blues and Binnington went on to beat the Bruins in the Cup finals that year.

I just wonder because looking at the Blues roster, outside of Kyro and Thomas, there's no one there who sticks out as possible fit unless its a lot bigger deal. Both teams are up against the cap so it would have to be a near perfect wash cap wise.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He shouldn't be in the lineup, definitely just playing not to get hurt.

if not for Providence going through Covid issues, have to think Jake would have been sitting, can`t see Sweeney allowing him to be dressed. This situation is much like one`s we see close to the deadline when teams hold players back knowing they were moving them

Reactions: BMC and LouJersey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I wonder if the Blues do have a lot of interest or Armstrong is doing Sweeney some good here as they are apparently good friends and Army owes Donny one for taking Binnington and putting him on the baby Bruins in 2019 when Army was looking for him to have a place to play and of course the Blues and Binnington went on to beat the Bruins in the Cup finals that year.

I just wonder because looking at the Blues roster, outside of Kyro and Thomas, there's no one there who sticks out as possible fit unless its a lot bigger deal. Both teams are up against the cap so it would have to be a near perfect wash cap wise.

the B`s have what? 3 mill or so cap space I thought I read here, they could absorb some $$, thought I heard/read the Blues don`t even have a million buckaroos of space but I could be wrong

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
@bp13

from the other thread. Jake is not absolved of all blame. He was a fine player and good playoff player, then had his issues w depression/concussions and Covid. He’s had a bad run of 59 games with dealing w all that and his coach has blasted him at every possible moment.

every single forward has flamed out here. They have no been great elsewhere either, so is all on the players or was it development as well?

I mean every trade deadline we have an untouchable prospect list and every one of those guys turned out to be nothing. I mean we didn’t want to include Frederic or Lauzon in deals for guys like Miller and McDonagh and got outbid. Studnicka was untouchable…still so?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
@ The National shared this tweet in the 1st Debrusk asks to be traded thread. Just thought it should be in this one as well and the next 3 or 4 to follow.

if the Bruins turn Jake DeBrusk into Mason Appleton I may need to be committed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
With DeBrusk on the ice last night....

9-1 SOG (Boston)
7-2 Chances (Boston)
3-1 High Danger Chances (Boston)

He led all Bruins forwards in CF% last night. His "inspired effort" was better than most guys last night.
half dozen fly bye`s, half dozen chances to use his body to try to separate opponent from puck etc.....

I have seen this Debrusk movie before, sorry friend

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With DeBrusk on the ice last night....

9-1 SOG (Boston)
7-2 Chances (Boston)
3-1 High Danger Chances (Boston)

He led all Bruins forwards in CF% last night. His "inspired effort" was better than most guys last night.

Im far from a guy who is anti-analytics, but did you watch him? We get on our Mites for coasting and not moving their feet like Jake was doing last night. That’s great that the line performed well but I don’t know how you watched him - and I was watching him every time he was on the screen for obvious reasons - and think he was an effective player last night. Or even a player busting his ass to look good for another team. Far from it.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
the B`s have what? 3 mill or so cap space I thought I read here, they could absorb some $$, thought I heard/read the Blues don`t even have a million buckaroos of space but I could be wrong

My bad, your right Bruins do have around 3 mill cap space and the Blues have very little, but neither is a lot and with Sweeney wanting to bring Tuukka back in the mix, how much space is he going to want to lose in a deal involving the Blues. I just don't see him doing this, after all he's not a magician when it comes to making in season trades as u know in season trades are hard to make.

BOSTON BRUINS

boston_bruins.svg

PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: $79,233,557

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: $0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $2,266,443

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $3,021,924
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $11,332,215
TODAYS CAP HIT
q.svg
: $79,085,674

ST. LOUIS BLUES
st_louis_blues.svg

PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: $82,854,999

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: $1,360,104

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $5,105

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $113,333
DEADLINE CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $113,333
TODAYS CAP HIT
q.svg
: $82,907,182

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
@bp13

from the other thread. Jake is not absolved of all blame. He was a fine player and good playoff player, then had his issues w depression/concussions and Covid. He’s had a bad run of 59 games with dealing w all that and his coach has blasted him at every possible moment.

every single forward has flamed out here. They have no been great elsewhere either, so is all on the players or was it development as well?

I mean every trade deadline we have an untouchable prospect list and every one of those guys turned out to be nothing. I mean we didn’t want to include Frederic or Lauzon in deals for guys like Miller and McDonagh and got outbid. Studnicka was untouchable…still so?

The only untouchable prospect we have is Lysell and that is solely because he is our only offensive prospect with any top line upside. (And if we had a few more guys with big upside, I’d consider him).

The rest? Trade em!!

— But fire Sweeney first. I don’t want him stinking up the joint anymore. Let the new guy decide who stays and who goes.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Q: Reda: The Jake DeBrusk situation continues in Boston. He was a healthy scratch over the weekend. He has officially asked for a trade. What kind of interest has he generated right now, Darren?

Darren Dreger: A significant amount, Geno. As many as 12 teams, maybe more than 12 teams have already checked in on the Jake DeBrusk situation with the Boston Bruins, but the reality is the Bruins now need Jake DeBrusk in their lineup. They've got Brad Marchand suspended, their American Hockey League team in Providence is dealing with a COVID issue, so they need him on the ice right now. I would say the New York Rangers are among the teams that have expressed some interest. You've got the Vancouver Canucks, maybe Montreal, maybe Calgary. Certainly Arizona. Go down the list. Historically speaking, when there's been other Jake DeBrusk trade situations and speculations, the St. Louis Blues have been near the top of that list as well. You talk about a kid who could score 20 to 25 and he's scored 16 times in the playoffs. So those stats matter.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The only untouchable prospect we have is Lysell and that is solely because he is our only offensive prospect with any top line upside. (And if we had a few more guys with big upside, I’d consider him).

The rest? Trade em!!

— But fire Sweeney first. I don’t want him stinking up the joint anymore. Let the new guy decide who stays and who goes.
I’d try to hang on to Lohrei too.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

The rest? Trade em!!

Careful what you wish for....

8545ac10-e31b-11eb-affb-6600a18d1dd4

Reactions: Knox Harrington

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
@CharasLazyWrister The last thread closed before I could respond so here you go...

I think that the drafting itself hasn’t been good. I’m not sure about the actual development methods. Who has gone on to be a star somewhat else after wallowing in the Bruins’ system for years? Phil Kessel left and got shit on by Leafs fans for years after. Was that really a Bruins organization/fan thing? Ryan Spooner? Dougie Hamilton is still out there chasing the money garnering all of the same complaints. Tyler Seguin was traded, but said he was shocked, and at least initially was dismayed to be leaving. Of course, we know that trade was poor just based on timing. I guess that’s the one recent example that may fit your mold.

Your classification is also similar to what many fans across the league say regarding their organizations, and I’m not just talking about the Sabres and Senators fans. I think it’s fairly obvious that the Bruins organization has become a desired destination at least in the more recent past. Taylor Hall, a guy who has gotten shit on by fans for virtually his entire career, was openly expressing his desire to play in Boston before he got traded here just to pull a recent example. Nick Foligno had choices and picked Boston as well.

Guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Rask and Krejci have expressed the desire (or very close to it) to never play in another NHL uniform.

I think you’re being quite selective when you imply this organization isn’t one players should or do want to be a part of. Hopefully DeBrusk’s request isn’t the beginning of that changing on a larger scale, but I’m not worried about it as of right now.

I think you're downplaying it but that's fine. Start with Jumbo Joe. He leaves and wins the MVP. Pretty significant, no? And the return for him was piss poor. Kessel leaves and goes to Toronto for a less than stellar package that set the team back for a year. Eventually he gets out of the swamp that is Leafland and wins two cups with Pitt where he was their best player. Again, significant, no? Seguin leaves for a less than stellar return (stop me if you've heard this before, lol) and becomes a PPG player in this league. Wheeler was moved for complimentary pieces that did help to win a cup here, but he also went on to be far better than he was here and a PPG player. Hamilton, again misused and dumped for less than market value and has become a very good player.

But even worse than the big names that have come and gone on to success elsewhere, what's really troubling is them missing on so many picks. To me, it has to be more than just drafting. The development is simply not there, IMO. I've said it here a hundred times and I'll say it again. If the Bruins had taken Barzal or other guys in the 2015 draft, we'd be talking about how badly they missed and why those players aren't making the jump to the NHL. Even if you want to look at guys that did make it, players like Krug, for example. He literally only got in because they were down 3 or 4 defensemen in the playoffs and his play forced them to keep him in the lineup. No injuries and I guarantee he never makes it up to the big squad. It's this never ending fear they have of letting young guys come and learn on the job instead of insisting they be 100% complete players in all zones and phases of the game, while so many other organizations have figured out the way to integrate youth with veterans and not only live with the growing pains, but benefit from the injection of cheap young homegrown talent. The reason Sweeney spent like a drunken sailor in a house of ill repute this off season is simply due to none of their young players being able to make the jump. Is that because they're bad or is that because the team is gun shy? I feel it's the latter, but the constant reaches in the first round doesn't help either.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Q: Reda: The Jake DeBrusk situation continues in Boston. He was a healthy scratch over the weekend. He has officially asked for a trade. What kind of interest has he generated right now, Darren?

Darren Dreger: A significant amount, Geno. As many as 12 teams, maybe more than 12 teams have already checked in on the Jake DeBrusk situation with the Boston Bruins, but the reality is the Bruins now need Jake DeBrusk in their lineup. They've got Brad Marchand suspended, their American Hockey League team in Providence is dealing with a COVID issue, so they need him on the ice right now. I would say the New York Rangers are among the teams that have expressed some interest. You've got the Vancouver Canucks, maybe Montreal, maybe Calgary. Certainly Arizona. Go down the list. Historically speaking, when there's been other Jake DeBrusk trade situations and speculations, the St. Louis Blues have been near the top of that list as well. You talk about a kid who could score 20 to 25 and he's scored 16 times in the playoffs. So those stats matter.

I love to see Monahan! I believe this would work cap wise for both teams and give the flames some much needed more room, but once again if Sweeney brings Tuukka back, he himself would need to have more cap room. So I don't see anything, but Debrusk being moved for picks. This guy just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper, so anything is possible. He needs to go yesterday.

Babajingo

Oooooo Arizona Arizona Arizona. Try to get two of their 5 2nd round picks. Something tells me Sweeny would get a 5th, 6th and some player thats older than clint eastwood

Reactions: TCB

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The Bruins need a #2C, top 6 RW, or top 4LD in any trade involving DeBrusk. If he's traded for picks, you might as well start the rebuild.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad