Value of: Jake Allen

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Uhh... “very consistent” wouldn’t be my first choice for a Jake Allen description.

Yeah..."Consistently inconsistent" maybe.

Peaks and valleys have defined his career thus far. I think there are teams out there who could benefit from that still, if the peaks come at the right time. But you'd better have a really good Plan B in the even he goes cold at a critical moment.

The Flames actually kinda strike me as an opportunity that'd make sense for him. He's got the sort of "upside" none of their guys do, but obviously with a lot of downside too. Probably worth the risk though.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Allen basically stole the series against the Wild a few years back. He is very capable of being a starter. just don't think it will ever happen again in St. Louis. He just needs a change of scenery. Having said that, we need to find a solid backup, (or possibly even a tandem), goalie for Binnington before we deal Allen. Personally, if we deal Jake it will be to the East.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Elliot got us a second, allen with retention will get a first.

Elliot also played well for us. Allen has largely been a tire fire for the last 2 1/2 seasons. And he's making good money for 2 more seasons.

Free to any home. You pick up.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues have a really good roster. I think Seattle will find someone better on the Blues roster than Allen.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Allen's finally in his perfect position, he's just overpaid is all. He plays his best when he's got competition for playing time, and he's got it now. He can be a high end backup for the Blues, or someone can trade for him and hope he can be a #1 and be sorely disappointed. Eat the cap hit and know you can rest Binnington when needed.

Reactions: TK 421

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Allen basically stole the series against the Wild a few years back. He is very capable of being a starter. just don't think it will ever happen again in St. Louis. He just needs a change of scenery. Having said that, we need to find a solid backup, (or possibly even a tandem), goalie for Binnington before we deal Allen. Personally, if we deal Jake it will be to the East.

Ottawa.

Condon ++?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad