Value of: Jake Allen

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
How similar is Allen to Andersen 2 years ago when he was on the block?

Not very, Anderson was being forced out due to John Gibson iirc. Allen is just super inconsistent. He's fantastic for a stretch and then the next month he's absolutely terrible for a stretch. Not sure if Allen is actually on the block but if he is, it's by his own performance. Not necessarily due to someone coming and dethroning him.

Now if this is next year or the year after and Husso comes up and tears up the league while Allen is playing pretty decent, then we may have a little bit of the same situation.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Spitballing, but is Allen for Brouwer something you'd consider?

Also, how much would it cost to retain about 15-25% of Allen's contract?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Spitballing, but is Allen for Brouwer something you'd consider?

Also, how much would it cost to retain about 15-25% of Allen's contract?

For Brouwer no, would rather just stick Allen in San Antonio and hope maybe he refined him game, maybe he doesn't.

As for retention added on I don't know maybe Allen (1m retained) for a 3rd or 4th would be fine with me.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Have to think there are enough frustrated Canucks fans out there that we'd armchair ship Markstrom out for Allen. A swap of similar aged, similarly paid goaltenders with swiss cheese mental games. Do you want disastrous cold streaks with flopping and guessing, or would you like to play the first few minutes of every game with a shooter tutor for a netminder? :dunno:

I still like Allen's peaks enough to suffer the valleys. But it'd be a total "change of scenery" trade, hoping they're somehow better suited to the opposite situations. Where Markstrom has the size to be a solid backstop behind that solid Blues defense (if you can survive the first few minutes). And Allen has the heroics to bail out the catastrophic Canucks defence sometimes.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
How painful will it be for the Blues to rid themselves of Allen and his contract?

Allen & WPG 1st for future considerations?
Allen & a prospect, for a cap dump?

Why would any team subject themselves to that fraud manning their nets?

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
If Washington is dumb and Holtby becomes available I wonder if St Louis calls
I'm all for this. Trade Allen to the Islanders for the rights to JT, and get him signed before he hits UAF July 1. See you in Sept with an elite goalie and a true number 1 center. Would need a salary dump of Berglund and Sobotka to make it work cap wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad