Proposal: Jake Allen --> Montreal

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Makes absolutely no sense for the Habs unless the Blues are retaining the max in salary and even then still no.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Habs already have a goaltending backlog. Like the previous posters gave said, only if alzner is the return

Reactions: Nitram27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not even sure I'm interested if he comes with 50% retention. Blues have a very good D and not so sure how good he is. 50% retention would be $2.175M cap hit for two years. No thank you on that back-up salary.

If I try real hard to find a deal I would consider... Kinkaid, Weise, Reilly and a 4th for Allen (50% retention) is the best I can come up with to offset the cap hits for this year and next.

I don't see a fit here for either team.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I feel like NJ or CGY would be more logical destinations for Jake. Still don’t see us moving him until the deadline at the earliest, but more likely in the summer

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Allen can't handle pressure. I don't want to imagine what Habs fans would do to him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I thought Montreal need decent Back-up goaltender and I thought they have cap space for it.

My thoughts were wrong I guess. @EastonBlues22 can lock this.

Bogey64

Feb 2, 2013
St Peters,Mo
He is being overpaid for a backup but he is one of the better backups in the league.

I think we (Blues) definitely keep Allen. He is playing very well in a backup roll and from what I hear, he is great in the room.

At this point, he is improving his stock to where in the offseason or next year, we may get some value out of him if we decide to trade. Better than a cap dump I'd say

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He is being overpaid for a backup but he is one of the better backups in the league.

I think we (Blues) definitely keep Allen. He is playing very well in a backup roll and from what I hear, he is great in the room.

At this point, he is improving his stock to where in the offseason or next year, we may get some value out of him if we decide to trade. Better than a cap dump I'd say
I hope so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad