Jake Allen Appreciation thread.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I know we're all glad to see him gone but he definitely deserves some appreciation. Came here for a what should have been an easy job, backup to Price but ended up having to be the #1 in a tough market while mentoring the next set of guys.

And for all the talk this year about how the 3 goalie situation can't last/doesn't work, it did in fact work. Montembeault established himself as a starter, Primeau found his game at the NHL level, and Allen did enough to show he still had value. It worked because of the professionalism of Allen so I wish him nothing but the best.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The three goalie system wasn’t ideal for anyone so I have a lot of respect that he didn’t bitch and complain like a lot of veterans likely would’ve in the same situation. Good luck on a better team.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
As a New Brunswicker, there aren't many NB'ers in the NHL. Of those who have made it, they tend to leave and not look back. Not Jake Allen.

He has come back regularly and donated equipment to many minor hockey teams, played in local golf tournaments and partook in fundraisers. I know quite a few folks who have met him with only great things to say.

My wife was at a fundraising dinner he was attending and she got him to sign a hat for me. He was more than happy to.

He is a total class act and handled some tumultuous times in Montreal like a total pro. I hope he can have some playoff success in New Jersey.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He was good for us in the tail end of the Price years, and he could have made the 3 goalie situation a lot more of a headache but was a good soldier about it. Respect to Jay Gallon

Reactions: Disturbed1

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
As a New Brunswicker, there aren't many NB'ers in the NHL. Of those who have made it, they tend to leave and not look back. Not Jake Allen.

He has come back regularly and donated equipment to many minor hockey teams, played in local golf tournaments and partook in fundraisers. I know quite a few folks who have met him with only great things to say.

My wife was at a fundraising dinner he was attending and she got him to sign a hat for me. He was more than happy to.

He is a total class act and handled some tumultuous times in Montreal like a total pro. I hope he can have some playoff success in New Jersey.

Great username, great brewery location… not so great beer.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
I appretian you, Jake. Wish him the best in NJ. I would’ve preferred we keep him but a 3rd is good value. I hope Fowler comes through for us.

Reactions: Disturbed1

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
Thanks Jake Allen for being such a class act.... You could have bitched this year but you acted as a real pro. And yes, thanks for the 3rd pick because in the end, out of all the G who were available, you were the only one traded. Tells a lot.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
He is a true Pro. Could make great saves, followed by weak goals. But in the end he played his role well, a good soldier who helped the next gen without complaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad