NFL: Jaguars will pick first in the 2021 NFL Draft

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Depends on what the Jets do. If they're not deadset on taking a QB, i could easilly see them taking Sewell and bookending their line with him and Becton for the next decade. That's a hell of a consolation.
I do like the option of bookend Tackles or getting an elite Guard, if there was a Q. Nelson available to put beside Becton. Like Jones/Hutchinson duo with Seattle way back in the day. Every D knew they would run left with Alexander and still he gained over 1000 yards per season.

Tackles allow them to stop top end DE. Leaves the RB to pick up a blitzer coming between the tackles.

Which team would trade up for a QB from the 4 spot onwards? Carolina/Atlanta/Chicago/SF? Barring an extra #1 coming with it, I don't think that a drop would make sense for the Jets.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I want my Jaguars to pull an epic prank and just take Sewell to make every NFL Analysis mad, and if we do I will totally get his jersey. Though, I doubt it. We’ll take a QB like everyone does with the 1st pick whether it’s Lawrence, Fields, or Wilson. I want Sewell :(

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I want my Jaguars to pull an epic prank and just take Sewell to make every NFL Analysis mad, and if we do I will totally get his jersey. Though, I doubt it. We’ll take a QB like everyone does with the 1st pick whether it’s Lawrence, Fields, or Wilson. I want Sewell :(

May as well fold the franchise if they stayed at #1 and took anyone but Lawrence. The Jags haven't had a top notch QB in the history of the franchise.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
May as well fold the franchise if they stayed at #1 and took anyone but Lawrence. The Jags haven't had a top notch QB in the history of the franchise.
Agreed. Unless you’re convinced none of these top QBs are going to be any good, you have to take one. QB is the most important position in all of sports.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Won’t be a franchise QB if he has no OL to protect him lol
With the Rams first and Vikings 2nd along with the Jags 2nd they have the chance to add a pair of OL this draft. It’s a good draft for TE so I’d likely grab one too. Look at fee agency to sign a very good OLman. Build the line and give him a safety net.

Jags have 11 picks. Think they have an extra 4th and 6th as well.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
This is a great year to upgrade your oline through the back half of the first round/early 2nd as well as free agency.

From an asset management perspective, upgrading at QB early and fixing your line through other means makes sense for the Jags, Jets, Broncos, Dolphins, etc.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is a great year to upgrade your oline through the back half of the first round/early 2nd as well as free agency.

From an asset management perspective, upgrading at QB early and fixing your line through other means makes sense for the Jags, Jets, Broncos, Dolphins, etc.
Jags just need to draft the best OL, be it OT, G, or C. Again, I’d focus on making sure I have a good OL then likely add a TE as a security blanket as they have the oft injured Eifert on the roster. If they can sign A good veteran OL that’s where they should spend their money in free agency.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Report: Jaguars likely moving on from Marrone, Meyer expects to get job

Called this a week ago. Makes the most sense - and I imagine Khan will give Meyer 100% control over everything. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Chip Kelly.

You are right but Jags are terrible franchise overall

Dolphins are the true winner though. They will get Sewell who is criminally good

Its true they've been bad the last decade but maybe Lawrence is the guy to right the ship. He surely has the talent to do it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Report: Jaguars likely moving on from Marrone, Meyer expects to get job

Called this a week ago. Makes the most sense - and I imagine Khan will give Meyer 100% control over everything. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Chip Kelly.

Its true they've been bad the last decade but maybe Lawrence is the guy to right the ship. He surely has the talent to do it.
Pretty much the only way to land Meyer is giving him full control. Ride him for at least 4 years to see how it goes. Main issue for him is will he last his contract or will he pull out due to any health reasons? In the NFL you do get a break when your season ends in January til the first OTA in the spring.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pretty much the only way to land Meyer is giving him full control. Ride him for at least 4 years to see how it goes. Main issue for him is will he last his contract or will he pull out due to any health reasons? In the NFL you do get a break when your season ends in January til the first OTA in the spring.

Thats what could help. No need to go on recruiting visits all the time. With Lawrence potentially in hand, hell have his pick of executives for GM.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
hopefully those 2 wins will be enough to see Gase land another gig, maybe Houston or Atlanta, the Nfl is just more interesting with him actively destroying a franchise

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Rectify how? Go throw a bunch of money at Andy Dalton?

I was replying to a comment that Lawrence won't be a franchise QB in Jacksonville without a OL to protect him by saying the Jags will have the cap space to buy a better OL.

Not sure how Andy Dalton factors into that (I'm assuming you misread the conversation).

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I was replying to a comment that Lawrence won't be a franchise QB in Jacksonville without a OL to protect him by saying the Jags will have the cap space to buy a better OL.

Not sure how Andy Dalton factors into that (I'm assuming you misread the conversation).
Sorry. Got the chain of things confused.

Turns out I agree with you. O line can be helped a lot in free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad